RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is all the car really needs at 30k miles is oil change and pollen filter swap. Anyone have experience here or am I missing anything? Anyone can change the oil and that shouldn't be over $200 even on a car like this. I know there's a "Land Rover Inspection" but I've had the car in the shop in the last 30 days for Warranty work and always see that inspection as a line item (free) on there anyways. I'm not opposed to spending money where it's warranted but $600 for an oil change is just a bit outrageous.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,419 Posts
My understanding is all the car really needs at 30k miles is oil change and pollen filter swap. Anyone have experience here or am I missing anything? Anyone can change the oil and that shouldn't be over $200 even on a car like this. I know there's a "Land Rover Inspection" but I've had the car in the shop in the last 30 days for Warranty work and always see that inspection as a line item (free) on there anyways. I'm not opposed to spending money where it's warranted but $600 for an oil change is just a bit outrageous.
I think that's the Land Rover Tax that comes with the car. Another reason I do my own oil changes. $100 buys you the correct oil (Castrol Professional) and a Land rover filter.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that's the Land Rover Tax that comes with the car. Another reason I do my own oil changes. $100 buys you the correct oil (Castrol Professional) and a Land rover filter.
Are you saying a simple oil change should be enough?

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,419 Posts
Are you saying a simple oil change should be enough?
I check all fluids; coolant, brake, power steering. Change the cabin filter if you want. I rotate my tires myself (I'm not sure Land Rover does). I save receipts for oil and filter in case there is a warranty issue. That's good enough for me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just had oil (synthetic) and filter change only done at LR dealer....$154. As long as you are doing regular maintenance at normal intervals and have had look overs with other service calls that is really all you need. They want the business so tell them that is all you want. If price is still not reasonable tell them you will just go to Jiffy Lube, midas or one of the other shops to have it done. Plenty of people know how to change oil correctly (even I do, but that just aint happening).

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I purchased my RRS, I also purchased the Prepaid Maintenance plan. I was told service was at every 13K interval - 13K, 26K, 39K. Is there a 30K service?

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Alex,

I got a coupon for a synthetic oil change the other day. I think it was for $228. You might want to check Land Rover for Winter coupons. Other than that, I'm not sure about the 30K service.

On a side note---an oil change on my old Lambo Diablo was $5800.

Nad

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Called the dealer and was quoted about $150 for the oil change only. That should do it. On a side note, i bought the extended warranty to 100k miles. It burned but apparently peace of mind costs $3600 these days.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,141 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would like to do oil changes my self also. Were do you get oil and filter from?

I was told same price at my dealer, for once a year service , oil changes, 600$. You can buy oil change plan from them which is much cheaper.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,419 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,419 Posts
Thank you for link will look into. Were do you buy oil from txs 383 vett
No problem. Unfortunatrly, the only source I have found is the LandRover dealer at $9.50 a quart. I'm not sure what the difference is between the regular synthetic Castrol vs the recommended Castrol Professional but I decided to stick with the recommended Professional. If anyone knows of a different source, please chime in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No problem. Unfortunatrly, the only source I have found is the LandRover dealer at $9.50 a quart. I'm not sure what the difference is between the regular synthetic Castrol vs the recommended Castrol Professional but I decided to stick with the recommended Professional. If anyone knows of a different source, please chime in.
Thank you for sharing, i plan on using same oil. It will give me peace of mind and on a big ticket truck id rather not cut corners to save a couple bucks, ill already save a lot doing it myself, thanks again for the link.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts