RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never use the heather, then again I'm in Nashville.

For the summer I usually put climate control at 60 degrees, turn it on medium-high when I get into the car than drop it to the lowest output while on 60 degrees. (I doubt my car is at 60 degrees but it keeps me comfortable whatever it's at)

Am I usually less/more gas by doing 60 degrees at the lowest setting or should I keep it at 70 degrees but keep the setting on medium?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
869 Posts
You can work ti that way, but you are negating the automatic system. If you set it at, say 72degrees and it's hot outside...then it will configure the ducts for max cool and max blower, and then reduce the blower to min and cool to as necessary to maintain the 72 degrees.

By putting it at 60 degrees you are configuring the ducts for max cool at all times, and then you are manually controlling your temp with the blower. It will not change the blower automatically back to min...or to max the next time you get started from a hot car.

My wife does like you are doing because she doesn't like the blower on high. It drives me nuts when I get in and am either too hot because the blower is on min from the start...or too loud because she got hot and turned the blower way up. The automatic system only uses the min blower necessary for the temp change you are trying achieve, and then adjusts the temp using the ducting configuration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts