RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all, one of my buddies sent me a photo of a RRS with a real 6" lift (not a suspension mod trick) while he was at SEMA. While I find this pretty awesome, it is beyond my current aspirations (while under warranty). I believe I saw someone on this forum with a setup like this. Looks like there are a couple options - one maintaining EAS and the other perhaps not.

here is a link to the website: http://jaustonfab.com

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
To each his own, but that is the ugliest thing in my personal opinion that you can do to the RRS. Unless I guess you're dedicating the car to just off-road use in which case I would have to ask why not buy a used defender ...

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I am a bit skeptical. A non-secured website, every photo of "Customers Vehicles" are all Hummers and they claim they can do all unibody SUVs. When you add in that the Sport used for their home page has a "FOR SALE" sticker on it the site seems a little hokey. When you click on "Range Rover Lift Kits" they show you parts but there are no specs on what grade materials are used. A 6" inch lift while maintaining the EAS means a lot of added stress on suspension and drive train components and trusting a ridiculously high center of gravity to the strength of their kit.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
If you do a search jfab posted about his lift kit here a couple years ago. The red one I believe.

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-rover-sport-ii-l494/228162-6-lift-2015-sport.html

I took a Hummer off road a couple years ago that had it done. I wasn't driving it I was driving my own. While not my thing the engineering, fabrication, installation, etc was incredible. Of course bolting his kit to a Hummer looks a lot easier to me than it would be on a RRS. But I have spent much more time under and wrenching on a Hummer than I have on my 2 RRS's and 3 Defenders combined.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
To each his own, but that is the ugliest thing in my personal opinion that you can do to the RRS. Unless I guess you're dedicating the car to just off-road use in which case I would have to ask why not buy a used defender ...
24" low profile rims permantely lowered to that of a car ride height could be another.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
294 Posts
Awesome pics, great to see someone else doing some real wheelin!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts