RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, no heat today after warning up in the driveway for 20 mins. The truck was fine last night and has had no issues like this before, blower motors are working fine and HVAC controller seems fine with no book mark. The complete coolant system has been changed around 4 months ago (except heater core) no drop in coolant level also, and the truck in running fine. any ideas what check?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Are the heater hoses getting hot?
Whats the temperature gauge reading?
Expansion cap tight?
If everything is normal, heater hoses hot, etc, then likely it's either a blend motor problem or the heater core is blocked.
The only issue I've ever seen of the heater not working well, is when the expansion tank cap has been left loose or off to bleed the coolant system. Me and Scotty have both run into this issue before, and tightening the cap always sorted the problem.
Your heated seats work good though right?? :lol:

Martin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, it was no heat on both sides, I just took it for another ride and now it's fine ripping hot, it's 14 out now, the two heater hoses before the right one was hot and the left one was luke warm, but that was after 10 mins after sitting turned off. Coolant level is fine I'll check the cap but it should be tight. I guess it's was just a Rover thing, or something sticking in the really cold.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coolants good, all new about four months ago with complete coolant system, cap was tight, I just scanned it with my new Autologic Assist Plus.

Distribution door motor circuit fault (FEEDBACK)
Right blower motor circuit fault (Stop mode)
Right blower motor circuit faults (Regulation mode)
Left blower motor circuit fault (Stop mode)
Left blower motor circuit fault (Regulation mode)
Ambient temp sensor circuit fault (O/c or s/c to +12V)
Heater core temp sensor circuit fault (0/c or s/c to +12v)
Heater core temp. sensor circuit fault (S/c to 0v)
DISTRIBUTION DOOR STALLED DURING SELF-TUNE

so all these faults cleared and heater is working this is the first time I've had a REAL scanner hooked up to it. My Autel maxi pro couldn't get into anything but motor and trans.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Look at the cabin temperature sensor below the clock with flashlight - if the little fan is not spinning, it thinks it's hot inside, and will blow cold air, it can be moved with thin wire or by slamming at sensor area. When it starts spinning, sudden heat should be felt. Most of the times if's simply clogged with dust.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks the truck has been fine, I also cleaned up the sensor in the dash and yes it was very dusty looked like 17 years of dust in there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So we had a very cold weekend -15 degrees Saturday night -1 when I started the truck to warm up this morning and again no heat after warming up. Very strange, cleared the codes and warmed her up in the garage and she's fine now. Anyone have a idea? These are the codes that were in the car just now, no HVAC codes in the car at all last week, these codes all just poped up at the same time and all cleared. no hard faults

_UI_data_images_Mon_Feb_15_161354_2016.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
could very well be the very low temps.. i mean, these trucks are up there in age and these components are bound to see hiccups.. since you have access to your autologic, i would keep checking it from time to time. If the issue persists as the temps get better, new parts should be on order.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes only happens when it's super cold out 5 degrees or colder, but it's a very crappy first ride in the car, if I bring it in the bay for 10 mins and clear codes it's fine. I just ordered a Heater Temp Sensor STC3256 and I'm going to replace it today, it's getting warmer so I'm sure I won't have the issue anyway I just want to try and fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts