RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching through the old archives and have learned that there are many offsets of 22" stormers and tire combos.

So, as just wondering, how does the 50 or 53 offset compare to my stock 50 offset from a) a functional point of view, and b) an aesthetic point of view ?

Want to make sure that a 50 or 53 offset with a 22" X 10 stormer won't rub when using a 295/30/22 tire.

Cheers

·
Registered
543 Posts
Lone Ranger.

Avoid any tyre width greater than 285mm, regardless of which version "Stormer" type rims are offered with respect to rubbing !

The offset is very good with your selection of preferred wheels compared to O.E.M., but the look could be somewhat over tyred.

One needs to take into account if you happen to suffer a puncture with larger than stock rubber, if tyre sidewalls will conflict ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. One of the reasons I was considering the 295/30/22 option is because it was closest to the original diameter than the 285/35/22 and in the event of a flat, the setup would not be too far off in overall diameter. When you say over tired are you referring to too narrow a sidewall with a 295?

I do remember reading about possibilities of rubbing on the control arm with certain offsets and tire widths -- would I have this problem here?

Cheers

·
Registered
543 Posts
G'Day Lone Ranger.

When I refer to 'over tyred', this is in respect of too much tyre sticking out beyond the fenderwell arches as you look side on ! !

The problem with too wide a tyre is even discounting the offset & width of your proposed rims, the 295mm tyres will be sitting approximately 0.5"s extra protruding into the wheelwell and outside rim edge than any 285mm's and subsequent rubbing issues ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is definately wider. I found some pics of others running 295/30/22 but not on stormers and couldn't tell the offsets
do you think it will rub on the inside?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
Lone Ranger,

For our rovers you would want a 22X10 with an offset of 50mm. 53mm will also work however it will be closer to the inside struts. Most of the major "tunner" such as Overfinch, Rinspeed etc use the 22x10 50mm setup.

As far as tire size goes I personally would stick to 285/35/22.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts