RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been playing with the Torque Pro app and have been monitoring boost pressure. I was told that stock pressure for the 5.0 SC is 9.6 psi. I noticed that the electric throttle does it's own thing regardless if you have the pedal to the floor. I was able to see the throttle come open 90° (100%) going up hill and downshifting, boost pressure got to 8.9psi @ around 5800 RPM. Does this look right? The reason I have been monitoring boost is because I recently installed a smaller SC pulley (60.5mm). I thought I would be seeing higher boost pressures, does anyone have experience with tuning and know if a tune would allow for more boost and better throttle response?

Thanks!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi all,

I have been playing with the Torque Pro app and have been monitoring boost pressure. I was told that stock pressure for the 5.0 SC is 9.6 psi. I noticed that the electric throttle does it's own thing regardless if you have the pedal to the floor. I was able to see the throttle come open 90° (100%) going up hill and downshifting, boost pressure got to 8.9psi @ around 5800 RPM. Does this look right? The reason I have been monitoring boost is because I recently installed a smaller SC pulley (60.5mm). I thought I would be seeing higher boost pressures, does anyone have experience with tuning and know if a tune would allow for more boost and better throttle response?

View attachment 288019

Thanks!
Did you measure boost both before and after?

And yeah that’s why on drive by wire vehicles throttle position does not necessarily equal butterfly position. You have all sorts of variables that can be controlled independently based on load and demand:

• Throttle position
  • Throttle input
  • Fuel input
  • TIming advance
You can lug up a hill without downshifting a lot easier in a modern DBW than with a cable operated throttle body. Start the Torque app and watch what happens to your timing advance when load increases but the RPM does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to do a hard pull all the way till it shifted in sport mode with dynamic settings on, see below. Looks like I hit peak boost at around 6400 RPM which is what LR advertises as peak HP. 510HP @ 6400RPM I am still curious if the pulley I installed is making any extra boost, maybe sooner and if the engine is correcting to maintain 9.6 psi boost (stock).

I just realized I have 2 threads going regarding this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts