RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly or not; would seem a low milage 20k 5.0L supercharged engine hasn't been service for the past five years. It's covered 10,000 miles in the past 5 years. How at risk is this engine? What should I advise the seller? Was advise it was ahead of schedule and that onboard computer hadn't been updated, would appear this isn't correct.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly or not; would seem a low milage 20k 5.0L supercharged engine hasn't been service for the past five years. It's covered 10,000 miles in the past 5 years. How at risk is this engine? What should I advise the seller? Was advise it was ahead of schedule and that onboard computer hadn't been updated, would appear this isn't correct.
Oil changes aren’t but every 15k. So yeah that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oil goes bad, especially on a high performance engine like that I would expect it to be changed at least every year irrespective of mileage. Look in the servicing schedule and they are all done on miles/time (whichever comes first).

Get a reputable mechanic to do a very thorough pre-purchase inspection in this case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts