RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -
My new to me Rover has been at the dealer service department getting a bunch of warranty work done on it, leaving me no time to poke & prod around it. I was wondering if the 2013 5.0 V8 was direct or port injected? - Gives me a reason to add something to my list of long term to-do list.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
469 Posts
Hi, both 5.0 NA and 5.0 SC are direct injected. Previous generation 4.4 NA and 4.2 SC are port injected.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
As mentioned above, direct.
and now to my addition to the post

Do not mess with injectors unless doing an extensive timing job.

I'd highly recommend running BG44k through at least every quarter. I have done this since my RRS and have never had an injector issue in the 200k+ combined miles I've put onto the AJ133/Aj126 5.0/3.0..

Note; you can perform a timing job without removing valve covers and thus without removing the injectors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As mentioned above, direct.
and now to my addition to the post

Do not mess with injectors unless doing an extensive timing job.

I'd highly recommend running BG44k through at least every quarter. I have done this since my RRS and have never had an injector issue in the 200k+ combined miles I've put onto the AJ133/Aj126 5.0/3.0..

Note; you can perform a timing job without removing valve covers and thus without removing the injectors.
Thank Keralis & Roman NJ for your inputs. I was curious to find this out in order to figure out if I needed to plan a time later on to remove carbon build up on the valves. The previous Audis/VWs Ive had seemed to need those every 60k.

As for timing chain.. At the time of purchase, the Rover dealer provided a 90 day warranty on the vehicle, which covered timing chains/guides. Immediately after taking ownership of it I heard the chain rattle at start from bad tension and it went to get them replaced by Rover at no cost to me. Therefore, YAY, I have a new timing chain, guides, and tensioner courtesy of Range Rover. While they were in the depth of the engine, I paid and had them replace the coolant tubes that are known to fail. Since apparently an updated part was released to eliminate them from cracking and leaking coolant. (Both front tube and rear tube).

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
469 Posts
Just ordered the BJ44k cleaner, thanks for reminder, will use it next time taking a long trip. It is also highly regarded in BMW X5 forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts