RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used it? What other aftermarket options are there?

Thank you

2010 Range Rover HSELux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
76 Posts
I put a beck arnley water pump on 6 weeks/800 miles ago. Has three year warranty. Seems fine so far. Make sure you replace the plastic stub pipe behind it($20). I have a 2011 l322 supercharged. Check the belt tensioner over good, there's a lot of tension on that belt, probably what takes the bearings out of the water pumps.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the belt tensioner over good, there's a lot of tension on that belt, probably what takes the bearings out of the water pumps.
That’s what I was thinking actually.. I also believe my tensioner is going bad as there’s a whirring sound coming from the engine until it’s been running for a few minutes.

What’s the part number for the pipe if you don’t mind? Anything else there to replace with it? O rings and such.

Going to take this on a 2500 mile trip instead of my L405 to test it and I have a short bit of extended warranty left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
76 Posts
[h=1]LR028136. I believe. Not sure if the naturally aspirated 5.0 has an air bleed/plug in the top coolant crossover pipe, get that also because they are brittle and break when pulling it out to bleed the air out.LR011038[/h]

·
Registered
361 Posts
Beck Arnley water pumps are a fine alternative to OEM.

As previously suggested, replace the rear water pipe too.

The small pipe mounted on the front driver side of the water pump can be quite fiddly to extract and swap onto the new pump, too.

The older the pipe, the more brittle they can be, so be careful. In fact, you'll also be removing the air intake directly above the water pump and there are a couple of plastic pipe connectors which break very easily there too.

If your car has a few miles on it, consider replacing the two serpentine belts also, along with the idler and tensioner.

The smaller serpentine belt is very tight and frustrating to replace. Allow yourself adequate time to complete that task (even taking an occasional break if it "feels like it'll never go on....")

I've purchased these items from Rockauto for almost the same price as just an OEM water pump, FWIW.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts