RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fiddling around with my Gap tool tonight and decided to browse the CCF section when I discovered, to my bemusement, that Gap thought my RRS was not fitted with a locking rear diff. However my 4x4 info display clearly indicates, as I understood it, that I do have a locking rear diff (see attached images). Not sure what to think here. Has anyone else noodled about in this area? I can't cross reference with Topix as it didn't start recording detailed vehicle specs until the Gen2 L320 and the Gap forum is pretty much dead so I decided to post here.

IMG_0215.jpg IMG_0216.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Lock indicates the open/closed state of the diff, not necessarily what you're fitted with. My display shows the same and it's always unlocked because I have no diff

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well drat. That's a bummer. Thought I had done enough research to know the rear lock icon (be it open or closed) was indicative of being fitted in the rear. :( Between posts here and other forums, and even on advisement from an instructor at the Land Rover Experience/Quail Lodge, I thought that was the indicator to look for, short of getting it on a lift to check...which I admittedly didn't do.

Oh well, still love my sport. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. I thought I had the rear electronic locking diff because it showed the icon on the screen. I didn't discover it wasn't equipped until I had it in the snow with the 4x4 info screen up. When the wheels started to slip it would show the center diff locking and the rear would always stay unlocked no matter what. That's when I decided to crawl under the vehicle and look at the diff and lo and behold, no electronic locker to be found! Definitely a deceiving feature on the 4x4 info screen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, looking on the bright side, center lock and low range is better than none at all! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts