RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Land Rover will not go ino 4wd, when I put in 4wd all that happens is the light on the dash and the lights on the 4wd selection flashes.It worked fine last year So, I do not know what happaned. What can I check to find the problem?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
RTFM. The only way your Range Rover could be in 2wd is when you remove a driveshaft.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Is this really a question?

Do not confuse low range with 4wd. Landrovers are all wheel drive, there is nothing as primitive as a "4x4 and 4x2" button.

Read the manual, and make sure you actually own a landrover if you are sure you have 2 wheel drive.

If you do not get an answer here I suggest discoweb, they are a friendly open bunch that will cheerfully help as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me be more descriptive for you when I put the lever over to the right to engage the lower geared functions the light on the dash and on the drive indicator flash. Why are they doing that?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Most likely because your range selector motor has failed due to lack of use. Numerous write ups on the subject. Search is your friend.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

The flashing is an indication that the main computer BECM has recieved the command to switch to low gear and the flashing will last till the command is executed.

As Carl said check your change over motor and transfer gearbox ecu.

Regards

Jos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts