RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I am assuming this is for 2018+ models, right? I think it is time to upgrade from '16 to MY19 to take advantage of some tech features....

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
45 Posts
Yeah, for 2018+ The new tech is nice, but buggy so far. Lots of posts about it. But they will work it out! Its certainly a huge step forward for JLR in in-car technology.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I just got a 2018 RRS autobiography a few days ago. Only showing 3G connectivity. Spoke with AT&T — they tried to claim that all RRS modems are 3G, which I insisted isn’t true. They had me turn on and off the data connection, I took the SIM card out and reinserted, ignition on and off, etc. Still 3G. For those who initially had a 3G connection, but then suddenly had 4G, did you have a software update performed, or did this spontaneously happen? Thanks. Otherwise loving the car!

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Land Rover needs to do something so that AT&T can flip their switch. Talk to your dealer, not AT&T. And yeah it just starts to work by itself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I just got a 2018 RRS autobiography a few days ago. Only showing 3G connectivity. Spoke with AT&T — they tried to claim that all RRS modems are 3G, which I insisted isn’t true. They had me turn on and off the data connection, I took the SIM card out and reinserted, ignition on and off, etc. Still 3G. For those who initially had a 3G connection, but then suddenly had 4G, did you have a software update performed, or did this spontaneously happen? Thanks. Otherwise loving the car!
same here, my dealer is telling me that the 4g is only on the big body range and the RRS is only 3g

·
Registered
19 Posts
So now I have a new issue. Today, when I started my car up I had no data connectivity. On the settings button it said SIM card not supported. Turning the connection on and off did not solve the issue. I removed and replaced the sim card -- same deal. I then turned the car off, restarted it, and placed the sim card back in -- when i turned the connection on in the settings screen it says "reading sim card" for a minute, then turns off on its own. Looks like I need a software update (although the sales guy told me they put in the latest software -- not sure I believe him).

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
put back the SIM, and live with no connectivity until tonight. it'll work when you start up the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ha ha. How did you know?? Just started up car to drive home from work, and I do indeed have a connection. The cameras on the other hand are not functioning, but that's for a different thread!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lja2135 - mine does the same thing occasionally. Once you re-start the vehicle, it comes back. But I'm still stuck on 3G also. I had a software update performed some time ago but that was before the 4G was available. So I'm hoping the next time I take it into the dealer, they can fix it once and for all. :D

I use the WiFi hotspot for my radar detector in addition to the other in-vehicle features (sat maps, live apps, etc) so I want that added speed.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts