RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed today that the 4G signal is working. I did call AT&T and ask about it and complain a bit about the 3G speeds. Was this a car update? An AT&T update? I don’t really know. I’ll run speed test later. It’s finally nice to see the 4G signal on the screen tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went to dealer to have door seal repaired and noticed 4G on way home, thought it might have been a dealer update. So I logged in here and see I'm not the only one. Now I get to burn up those free 3GB a lot faster.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Popped out my T-Mobile SIM and put back in the AT&T and I have 4G also. 13Mbps down and 6.5 up. Not bad! Glad they finally got this fixed!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone having issues? Mine has worked fine since I took delivery, then yesterday it switched to 4g and now phone won’t connect to WiFi and Wi-Fi network doesn’t show up on my phone. The vehicle still shows 4g currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi there britus! Mine, for some reason, generated a new password for the WiFi. I am sure you checked that, but if not you may want to check and maybe kick off a new password and see if that helps. I also had to toggle off the hotspot and back on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Jeremy. Seems like it’s a system gremlin again, after the vehicle sat for a couple of hours I went back out to check after seeing your response. This time the network came back up and I was able to connect. Hoping it stabilizes again, but happy to have 4g this quickly from LR/AT&T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Switched out my T-Mobile 4G SIM to test the ATT SIM and got 4G. Has decent speeds and signal strength, much better than their 3G service. Ping is significantly longer at 78 milliseconds but otherwise the service is good.

Weighing whether I want to give up my $10/month inclusive of taxes T-Mo 2G unlimited plan for a $20/month + taxes and fees ATT unlimited plan given I don’t even burn through my 2G on a monthly basis. Will ride out the rest of my trial with ATT and see if it is worth 2X+ the monthly cost.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Jeremy. Seems like it’s a system gremlin again, after the vehicle sat for a couple of hours I went back out to check after seeing your response. This time the network came back up and I was able to connect. Hoping it stabilizes again, but happy to have 4g this quickly from LR/AT&T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad it is back up and working! Hope the system stabilizes for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
All you guys are fortunate. I’ve had my SVR since March 9th and not once has the ATT SIM card worked for a single second of ownership. So much for a wasted 3 month subscription. I’ve taken it back to the dealership twice for this issue. Both times they worked on it for 10 min, said they got it to work, gave me back the keys, and as soon as I drove off the lot it was obvious nothing was fixed.

I’ve gone into the connectivity screen and rebooted it several times. It pickes up the ATT network name (which is probably what the dealership saw both times they thought the fixed it) and just when you think it’s going to show the 3G Icon, nothing happens. I’ve never actually seen the 3G icon on my screen. I can’t even seem to be able to remove the SIM card. When I press down on the card to spring it up, nothing budges. I assume this is how to remove it...by pushing down to spring it up so you can pull it out with your fingers. Or am I just supposed to pull it out with needle nose pliers?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dang - I feel for you! That does have to be super frustrating. I also had issues getting the SIM out. I ended up using the corner of a credit card so I could push it down enough to release and pop-up a bit. Then I used the same card to gently pry it out. I manage the AT&T service at my company and have seen a SIM card do lots of crazy things. Pop it out, gently clean it with a pink pencil eraser and then pop it back in. Its worth a shot. It may also just not be seated correctly. That fixes so many oddities on iPhones with data service. Its at least worth a shot. Sorry you are having so many difficulties!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
\
Weighing whether I want to give up my $10/month inclusive of taxes T-Mo 2G unlimited plan for a $20/month + taxes and fees ATT unlimited plan given I don’t even burn through my 2G on a monthly basis. Will ride out the rest of my trial with ATT and see if it is worth 2X+ the monthly cost.
So, I don't use the Wifi hotspot in the car. My typical monthly usage is about 100 megs and that includes NAV (traffic, destination search, etc) and the weather widget, sometimes flight info. I buy 1 gig/mo from ATT and that's plenty enough.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,704 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Apparently jeremy did.
I stream using TunedIn from the Online Media option (which is so handy). Its almost instantaneous to get the station now vs the delay and buffering before. Also if you have satellite view on the nav enabled. The maps as ready right away vs watching them get detailed as they download. For what I do its a great improvement.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts