RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’ve had a weird issue with my 2019 Range Rover for a while now in that the 4G connection uses a ridiculous amount of data.

I have the included 500MB Ubigi data plan, and when I turn it on, without touching the infotainment system, it chews through about 400MB of data in around 45 minutes. This basically makes using 4G unusable as as soon as I turn it on I’m out of data before I’ve done anything. Thankfully I have CarPlay so I don’t rely on the inbuilt navigation, but it’s still frustrating.

the issue seems to have started around the time I got 19A, I’m now in 19A2, and the issue persists.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue?

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
just checked, I don't seem to have this issue. my monthly data usage is 0.03 GB. Carplay user here, as well.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
173 Posts
You should check all devices that you previously connected to your Range's hotspot and make sure they aren't still automatically connecting somehow. I found out the hard way that can happen. Connected my phone once, and phone was in auto-join mode, So from that point on, my phone would connect to my truck without my knowledge and use its data.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should check all devices that you previously connected to your Range's hotspot and make sure they aren't still automatically connecting somehow. I found out the hard way that can happen. Connected my phone once, and phone was in auto-join mode, So from that point on, my phone would connect to my truck without my knowledge and use its data.
Tha a good shout but I have already disabled the personal hotspot altogether.

having said that touch wood now I’ve posted about it I think the issue has sorted itself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts