RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
👋 Hello,

I have 2008 range rover sport hse 2.7 which starts to make slight vibrating noise + an old train like noise at 80-120kmh(49-79mph). Steering wheel does not wobble and while braking there's no shaking. The voice is like an old steampowered train tsuh-tsuh-tsuh, like bump on tire or half open rear window for example. While going back under 49 mph then runs smooth LIKE a new car.

I have done:
New transmission oil, axles adjusted,wheels balanced, new tires, air suspension replaced, brake discs and pads replaced, driveshaft refurbished and balanced, bushings in order ☑ . Bearings felt ok when shaking wheel on the lift using 9-3 and 12-6 method. What could POSSIBLY more cause this problem, does anybody have ideas or experienced same issue?

Could it be some dirt particles left accidentally under the new brake disc when mounting new disc?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
360 Posts
I would look at drive shaft again / but also try rotate tires front to back - I had a tire with damaged internal belt - and it made a noise - on rear there always no shaking - but on front it was very noticeable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would look at drive shaft again / but also try rotate tires front to back - I had a tire with damaged internal belt - and it made a noise - on rear there always no shaking - but on front it was very noticeable

Thank you for replying.

Today I noticed that my car is tilted. Also another man said to me that its tilted. And measured heights and noticed front left suspension is 1.5 cm more up.

I'm going to workshop to fix it under guarantee and write here if it solved the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts