RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,I bought a 2011 L320 (S/C) with 36k miles on it back in November. I am just hitting 45k miles on it now. I did the 45k service early. I also did rear brakes @36k when I bought it, fronts had been changed a couple thousand miles prior, along with the passenger side front air strut. This week I am doing the driver side front air strut (it's starting to make noise). Probably will do control arm bushings at the same time.........................................
Few questions: 1) Should I do the full control arms up front instead of just the bushings? If so, what is the delta in cost? I think I was quoted around $933.02 for the bushing replacement (labor+parts) + $163 for the alignment at the dealer. Not going to the dealer. Going to a well-recommended indie shop here in Scottsdale (Rover Techs)
....................................................................................................................................
2) I am told by many folks on here that the supercharged models exhibit faster wear of the timing chain guides -- and even more so in warmer climates, than that of the non-supercharged model. @45k miles -- should I just do the guides soon? I have not noticed noise, but then again, I do not stand in the front of the car and just listen closely either. But nothing noticeable (to my ears) from inside the cab, or if I'm standing outside with the vehicle running. But I don't want to risk not doing them and the engine blowing to smithereens if the timing jumps 180 degrees. Thoughts? What should an indie charge for the timing chain guides to be changed? I heard $5k at a dealer, so I would assume less from an indie shop.
3) Anything else I should do when I end up eventually doing #2 above? Water pump, supercharger nose bearing?Trying to ensure any preventative maintenance is covered so I do not get any super expensive surprises down the road

1 - 1 of 1 Posts