RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I realise i dont post much here as im actually a Series fan, but i have bought my Sons HSE P38 off him. Its a very good car with everything original and working. I currently have her dry stored. I go and start her every now and then. She fires up and burbles away lovely. Theres the obligatory bonnet blush but thats really all thats wrong with her. You can call it a (A Good One) Im wondering peoples thoughts on the value situation. More so am i just keeping a dud or do you think the 4.6s have bottomed out and are not going to loose anymore. If its the case for bottoming out i will keep her just where she is. If not, ill let her go and fill the space with one of my Series Land Rovers. I took her for a short drive the other day. Id forgotten just how lovely she is to drive.
Thanks
Terry

·
Super Moderator
2,311 Posts
The values of decent ones are starting to rise and more are being saved and restored to original now rather than being scrapped. Hang onto it, a good, non molested, one is only going to go up in value in the UK at least.

·
Registered
480 Posts
likewise... some of the series prices have got silly, which considering they made a couple of million is ridiculous, and so the odds of you losing money on those is probably higher, whereas P38s can't get much cheaper... on the other hand I'm not sure I see them appreciating much, they're too much of a PITA to own/ maintain. Always better to have a car, any car, you know the history of. It's taken me the best part of a year to sort out my P38 following cumulative PO neglect.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover P38A
47 Posts
I had been searching and just found the right one. 2001, 45K miles, white/tan <<my thing. All original everything. Was a series guy as well for years. Paid more than most would, because they are the last of the old rovers and I love the boxy old school thing. She's parked next to a 94 911 Turbo with 36K original miles. So if that's saying anything. Keep her safe. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts