RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the bottom end of my 4.6 all together but I can't find the torque value for the cross bolts on the mains.
anyone happen to know it or point me to the right place to find it ?
I plan on dropping the engine into my classic this weekend, I will take some good pictures for you guys.
Thanks

just need to finish the heads now.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Having just been in this spot last week I can recommend RAVE as a reference. More due to order than torque. However, since I am such a softy, here is the torque bit from that page.

Main bearing cap side bolts - Numbers 11 to 15:
+*
Stage 1 - initial torque . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13.5 Nm 10 lbf.ft
Stage 2 - final torque . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 45 Nm 34 lbf.ft
Main bearing cap side bolts - Numbers 16 to 20:
+*
Stage 1 - initial torque . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13.5 Nm 10 lbf.ft
Stage 2 - final torque . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 45 Nm 34 lbf.ft
Main bearing cap bolts - Nos. 1 to 8: +*
Stage 2 - final torque . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 72 Nm 54 lbf.ft
Main bearing cap bolts - Nos. 9 and 10: +*
Stage 2 - final torque . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 92 Nm 68 lbf.ft

I prefer lighter beers in payment. :) :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
I used to work of Avenues of the Americas 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off. I miss New York, but not the jet lag returning home!

If you have anyother questions on 4.6 rebuild shoot me a message. I just finished mine a few days ago.

If you are going full 4.6 rebuild don't forget to bolt the friggin coolant pipe behind the water pump/alternator bracket BEFORE you stick everything in. TRUST ME. :? :roll:

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Ranger Jim said:
I have the bottom end of my 4.6 all together but I can't find the torque value for the cross bolts on the mains.
anyone happen to know it or point me to the right place to find it ?
I plan on dropping the engine into my classic this weekend, I will take some good pictures for you guys.
Thanks

just need to finish the heads now.

You need to remove the bolts that you have already done up and start again. Doing the bolts up (including the cross bolts) in the correct sequence is VERY important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts