RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
I have replaced my rear shocks a couple of days ago coz they were knackered and upon hearing the rear axle knocking on uneven roads,now i still hear the knock when driving over bumps.my mecanic checked the axle and no loose joint or bushing is found.i have checked if the exhaust mountings r shot or if the exhaust pipe is hitting anything but it seems not.wht could this pro be?i have driven over bumps at the high ride selection,no knocking is heared.i tried it at the crawl mode and the knock is more heared.i am confused now.please anyone with a solution 2 my pro.thank you

·
Registered
966 Posts
jorjiok said:
hi all,
I have replaced my rear shocks a couple of days ago coz they were knackered and upon hearing the rear axle knocking on uneven roads,now i still hear the knock when driving over bumps.my mecanic checked the axle and no loose joint or bushing is found.i have checked if the exhaust mountings r shot or if the exhaust pipe is hitting anything but it seems not.wht could this pro be?i have driven over bumps at the high ride selection,no knocking is heared.i tried it at the crawl mode and the knock is more heared.i am confused now.please anyone with a solution 2 my pro.thank you

Your top shock mounts are not tightened enough. You have to use He-Man strength on them or they will rattle over bumps. Use a cheater bar and get after it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jsmooth65 said:
jorjiok said:
hi all,

Your top shock mounts are not tightened enough. You have to use He-Man strength on them or they will rattle over bumps. Use a cheater bar and get after it.
Done tht and didn't cure it,is there option b?thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i noticed that the rear bumper is knocking when i tap on it,metal knocking on metal inside the bumper,i have tried 2 tighten the bolts but they where tight.could it be the bumper knocking on bumps?is it plausible!thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fixed the bumper and still the same.when i roll the windows up i can't hear anything,it is only audible when windows are down.and y it is more frequent on the bump stops?
anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts