It's a lot easer then you think, The only special tool need is the fan nut tool. I also took off the under tray for access.
1. Drain coolant (coolant drain is on the left bottom of radiator)
2. Using fan nut tool, loosen fan, (be carful if you try to shock off with a hit of hammer, you could damage the water pump)
3. Disconnect the fan shroud , and with the fan in hand, it should just pull straight up and out.
Some were around here You will have to remove the vacum control valve off the left side of the motor.
4. Find and relieve the tension on the belt, Note how the belt is routed thru the pulleys
5. Now you can get at the alternator, remove the bolts, (make sure that you get all of them) and remove and pull up and out.
6. Your rebuilt/new alt should come with a new gasket. (use it)
7. Put it all back together in reverse order.