RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i correct in believing that rr engines run rich, what would happen if i add more air, say like a 4-6psi supercharger

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
201 Posts
it will die. I think you can lean the CUX truck by making adjustments to the MAF.

·
Registered
318 Posts
firstly does your car have cats if yes you have a closed loop injection emission control ecu which is preset by the buy the factory and is control by the ecu and the lambda sensors.
now if you remove the cats and the lambdas and fit a tune select resister for a not cat country spec vehicle then you can adjsut the co% at the air flow meter and add the super charger but if you are doing that you will need to lower the comp of the engine ensure you have a good state of engine good comp and the valve train is in good state unfortunatly once a v8 has passed the 70,000 mile mark valve train wear will cause the engine not to perform as well as it should and the change of just the cam and followers can make it feel like a new motor

·
Registered
318 Posts
the rover v8 in standard form is tunned for longevity not performance please look her and you will see what can be done to a v8 http://armsonae.webs.com/ the engine is a 4.6 which will be going on the dyno in the next few weeks so will update you cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts