RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After allowing my dealership to apply a software update to our 2018 RR the 360 camera view is NO longer available while in reverse. The 360 buttons greyed out and can't be selected. When I move to P, N or D it works fine. The dealership (Germain, Columbus OH) was clueless and acted as if it should not be a concern. Unless I'm missing something the primary reason for a 360 camera is to navigate during parallel parking maneuvers, without this what's the point???

Prior to this update, this was not an issue during the 18mos I've owned the vehicle.

Anyone else having this issue? If so what is your dealership telling you? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, thank you! I was able to set the 360 view as a default vs the prior of needing to hit the 360 view button each time so even better. I'm however still mystified as to why the lead tech at the dealership said it was "normal and as expected for the button to be greyed out". Yet another setting that was changed with the update... 1st instance disabled the front and rear auto defrost settings ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I’ve realized the techs at Land Rover are just as knowledgeable at the guy working at Walmart tire.

What’s funny is every time I take my car to mavis or jiffy lube for state inspection the guy working is usually an actual car enthusiast making his way up or just starting out. You should see the amount of respect they apply to a vehicle that is not the norm at their shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very good point. Ties back to the difference between an expert and a professional, the latter indicating that one gets paid to do it regardless of quality of work whereas an expert does it well - compensated or not ;) I've learned my lesson for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts