RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Coming up on my 32k service on my 16 Autobiography.

I’ve ordered the castrol professional, OEM filter, and new OEM wiper blades thru Atlantic British. Also planning on new diff and transfer case fluid as well.

I’m reading conflicting info as to whether my car has a filter on the climate controlled seats that also needs replaced. I see some maintenance schedules say yes, and then I’ve also read that the filter replacement stopped with the L322.

Can anyone confirm the facts on that? If so, is it an easy DIY job by chance?

Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was not able to figure out how to replace any seat cooling filter on my L405 despite searching, looking on Topix and physically getting up under my seat.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
The seats have two peltier units, one in the seat cushion and one in the seat back. The seat cushion filter is the one to replace given it draws air directly from the cabin. It is on the bottom of the seat, maybe if you articulate the seat up enough to get a hand under there you can reach it. The filter twists off. The seat back one you'd have to pull the back of the seat off, though since that one is drawing air through the seat before it reaches the filter, it is less likely to be contaminated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. This is helpful, and it’s helped me narrow down that I likely do have a part that needs maintenanced in the seats. I found the attached pic online detailing the location (top left). Any idea if there is a way to do this without unbolting the seat and making this more invoved? Would love it if I can get to it as-is, but fearful I can get the old filter off but can’t get the new one back on, etc.

Thanks.
D6748FC7-02EF-4A6C-BC5E-15ADB5080D3D.png

·
Registered
412 Posts
Diff and transfer case at 32k? Thought that was at 75k?

I have 32k on mine. my diff fluid was replaced when they did the rear seal and pinion fix. Id still need to do the transfer case.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it’s before the manual says, but if it’s not super expensive I’d rather do it. I also think the 16k drain interval for oil / filter is excessive. I cut it in half and do every 8 for peace of mind.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well yea. Oil is a given at every 5k. I think I’ll wait to 75k and get the rear diff done again then with the rest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. Was able to pull the two in the front seats. It was far easier than I expected. At 32k they look brand new so that’s positive.
Does anyone know how to get to either the filters on the back sides of the front seats or any of the filters in the rear seats? I’ve got the regular 3 seat middle and not the executive seats FWIW

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pointed the front end of each seat up using the electronic adjustment. Leaves a wide gap to easily get fingers in there to do a small turn to get the filter out.

each filter on the front bottom cushion is closest to the door.

when you feel the fabric / cottonish feel you have it.

Find the plastic ring around it.

A small 1/10 turn will click it out.

do the same for reinstall.

Now we need someone more experienced to tell us how to get to the back filters in the front (if they exist), and the back seat filters :)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Yes you have to drop the seat back, you've got to unbolt some things to release it, once unbolted it slides down and the filter should be either there in the middle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. That’s one I’m not sure I want to get into until I know exactly what the step by step disassemble / reassemble process is, so I may leave that one to a more experienced tech / dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I pointed the front end of each seat up using the electronic adjustment. Leaves a wide gap to easily get fingers in there to do a small turn to get the filter out.

each filter on the front bottom cushion is closest to the door.

when you feel the fabric / cottonish feel you have it.

Find the plastic ring around it.

A small 1/10 turn will click it out.

do the same for reinstall.

Now we need someone more experienced to tell us how to get to the back filters in the front (if they exist), and the back seat filters :)

Thanks for the write-up. Where did you buy your filters from? Part number?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually didn’t buy new filters for this as I wanted to see the existing ones first. After seeing the filters that I was able to easily access, I think they’re pretty standard across auto manufacturer. I want to say Atlantic British sold them for $35 each, while I also say the identical parts for ford online for $12 each, with different #s for each brand.
They’re maybe 3 inches across with white cotton like material in the middle and a small black plastic frame.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
Coming up on my 32k service on my 16 Autobiography.

Also planning on new diff and transfer case fluid as well.
Are you buying the fluids and sealing rings for your local dealer or going with something aftermarket? I want to change my F diff, T case, R diff and ATF fluid/filter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should clarify, I just bought the Castrol professional 0w-20, OEM filter, all new wiper blades thru Atlantic British. If I do the diffs and transfer case as planned I’ll get the OEM fluids thru the dealer most likely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts