RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, anyone have experience running 32" tires on the factory EAS Dunlop bellows?

I am interested in whether or not the 32" tires will clear the wheel well if the RR is on bump stops. I have a AAA card but would like to save that for a real emergency and not to tow my RR home because its on bump stops with 32" tires I chose to put on....

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
medcapequip said:
Guys, anyone have experience running 32" tires on the factory EAS Dunlop bellows?

I am interested in whether or not the 32" tires will clear the wheel well if the RR is on bump stops. I have a AAA card but would like to save that for a real emergency and not to tow my RR home because its on bump stops with 32" tires I chose to put on....
The airbags used don't affect clearance, it's only when you reprogram the EAS settings that you can gain a lift. :wink:
We have 2 P38a running 265/75R16 Mickey Thompsons (31.8"), hers has the standard bellows, mine GEN III but neither has been lifted (yet).
As you point out yourself, the true limit are the bumpstops. Mine does rub on the left rear because the wider tyre can't quite fit in the wheelwell.
If you want to be sure, I'd get a set of longer bumpstops. :wink:

Greetz,

Filip

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have a set of 265/70r16s Revo2s at Discount Tire right now that I am planning to install on Saturday. (there is a nationwide backorder on Revo2s and this was the only set in the states shipped out from the Carolinas)

I have been debating between 265/75s and 265/70s for more than a month trying to read every tire size post here and other forums. It sounds like fender trimming is required for the 265/75s but my main concern is if the truck can ride on the bumpstops if the EAS fails. I haven't seen a definitive answer yet.

It also sounds like possibly less issues with the 31" 265/70s. I am not sure what else I will gain from the 32s other than headaches. Since I had to 'order' the 265/70s I may be stuck with them but overall, they may be the best choice for me. I am not planning on rockcrawling, just expedition-type travel and a good AT tire.

any input/thoughts appreciated. I am running out of time!

·
Registered
72 Posts
does anyone know what what this size "265/70r16" correlates to for an r18? i need the tire wall measurement. wanting to keep my canes but also want knobby tires. and if anyone knows what the tire width is on darkness that'd nice, sorry to thread jack.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
I'm running 33"s on a 2" lift with EAS. Only gets rubbing issues on highway mode when reversing/turning.

So... with 32"s on a standard EAS setup you should get rubbing on normal EAS mode when reversing/turning.

Increasing your standard EAS height will help but you should probably consider 31"s as max size without air-spring/lift mods.

Cheers, Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts