RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Can you tell me where the plaque is (if there is one) that tells me what number my 30th Anv. Edition RR is?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Either on the driver's door edge or under the hood on the slam/latch panel. However not all "special editions" have badging.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
29 Posts
My H&H has the # plaque on the drivers door edge - about a 2" x 3" metal (I think aluminum) rectangle. Nothing that I can see under the hood.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im going to look that up on mine when I get a chance. Also I got pulled over by another 30th Anniversary the other day and the owner was in love with my green leather. Was that an option or only a handful came with green leather?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I hate to burst anyone bubble, but the 30th aniversay is not a real special edition. It is a model year rig with an extra tag on the back and if I remember it has one or two glass decals. It's rather like the Vitesse editions. THey are incredible rigs, have a kewl badge on the back but still are just gussied up, flashy P38s.

Very few special editions were actually "special". Real special editions are noted in one of four ways.

On the dash there will be a #of # tag under the cubby on older models like the GEMS Calloway and SSE models.

On the drivers door edge is an aluminum tag with a special edition tag with #of# notation like Holland and Holland editions.

On the "slam" panel under the hood is another location for the option above.

lastly there are some VERY special editions where the rig was either pulled off the assembly line or sent direct to Special Vehicles for custom work. THese rigs are truely kitted out, full custom order or way over the top specialized as one off or as a short run batch. These true Special Editions are given a badge (not a tacky sticker or plastic backed block) on each fender denoting that they came from the Special Vehicles department. Camel Trophy Defenders, Camel Trophy Sports, Queen Elisabeth's two L322s, many 6 wheeled Classics, some public service rigs and even my own #1 of 10 Granite came from the Special Vehicles group.

So just because you have a neat tag on your fanny doesn;t mean you have a real special edition. Of course we could get into the whole eBay thing of folks adding badging like "Autobiography" to their tailgatges.... ugh.:sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
peby, let's do a meet with that guy :)

Boohoo to debbie downer post above, I'm ok without "special" on my vehicle. Maybe cool in UK, it denotes something else in the US lol

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I know with my own (gone) '98 'limited edition' that some colours just didn't sell well and so as was the case with mine they are pulled together and given a fancy name. No idea if that's the case with others but i can't imagine it would be exclusive the that '98 woodcote green.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
peby, let's do a meet with that guy :)

Boohoo to debbie downer post above, I'm ok without "special" on my vehicle. Maybe cool in UK, it denotes something else in the US lol
A meet with that guy? Really? What is it, 7th grade?:roll:
As far as "editions" go, my 1998 has some "anniversary" stickers on it too, but it is no special edition, just another sticker that LR stuck onto rigs at the time. Bored janitor for all I know.
Anniversary edition, special edition, blah edition. I am tempted to believe what Larry said about certain specs not selling well, thus getting a "special" name, like anniversary, etc.:lol:
Now, H&H, Westminster, etc are true special editions IMHO.

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Yes, a meet with three rare rovers for photo ops.. not 7th grade lol
In that case Sir, you have my sincere apology. Looks like I had NOT had my morning coffee early enough:oops:

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
For the front cover? Probably so.
I have sent out a few sets of them FOC to be honest and cannot remember them all!

Martin

·
Registered
234 Posts
The ones sold in the UK has green leather with lightstone piping, the shift knob, handbrake grip and part of the steering wheel was green also.

The USA one were all supposed to be lightstone leather with green piping, and had lightstone shift knobs, handbrake grip and steering wheel with wood instead of green.

Maybe yours was special ordered with the UK spec trim?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts