RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I am coming up to 30K maintenance and am planning on not taking it to dealer who is asking for $1500-$2000 to replace rotors and pads, and then another $600 for the actual maintenance.

I plan on doing the maintenance from 3rd party mechanic.

Couple of questions:

1. Since this is a leased car are there any issues with going to an outside mechanic? Will I run into warranty issues?
2. Where can I find the official check list of what is covered under the 30K maintenance?

Any help/guidance much appreciated.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
There should be no issues as long as the service is performed according to the schedule: So, keep all receipts, just in case, and ask the indy to be as specific as possible on his invoice, e.g. indicate the grade / type of oil used, etc. The list of services performed for each scheduled maintenance stop should be detailed in your owner's manual, or "Service / Maintenance" addendum booklet that comes with it. There is also a link within the FAQ thread at the beginning of this forum. You shouldn't take the car to a dealer for brakes anyway, they are always overpriced and OEM parts to do the job are easily obtainable.

Only thing the indy may be unable to do - unless they are equipped with compatible diagnostics - is resetting your Service Interval Indicator, depending on which model year you own (certain model years can be reset without diagnostics.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx buddy...appreciate the input.

Any idea as to where I can get the official list of what the maintenance service covers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts