RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my SCL322, maybe some of you l322 owners migrated over here and remember me? 1.) what if I unplug the battery? Will she come back to life or??? 2.) I can't tell if it's the 22" rubber band tires, but around slow sharp turns grinding/catching/thud from the rear of the car. Turning sharp at speed, other turns... no issues. Known issue? 3.) is there a reasonable diagnostic for this car?

PIc of the trade.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. I do remember you from the L322 forum. I crossed over to the L405 forum back in January.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just sold my SCL322, maybe some of you l322 owners migrated over here and remember me? 1.) what if I unplug the battery? Will she come back to life or??? 2.) I can't tell if it's the 22" rubber band tires, but around slow sharp turns grinding/catching/thud from the rear of the car. Turning sharp at speed, other turns... no issues. Known issue? 3.) is there a reasonable diagnostic for this car?

PIc of the trade.

Congrats on the purchase!

Not sure about the battery disconnect; haven't had to to this yet. But I have a very similar grinding sound at low speed turning on my '16 SCV8. Seems to only happen on some occasions, not every occasion. Out of curiosity, I turned on the 4x4 info screen that shows the status of your differential locks and sure enough, when the grinding noise happens, my rear diff lights up as locked. Not sure if that's "normal" (for these cars, anyway) or maybe an overly sensitive traction control system. Seems it only started happening after my dealer ran some ECU software updates while addressing some other odd bits a month or so ago.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the purchase!

Not sure about the battery disconnect; haven't had to to this yet. But I have a very similar grinding sound at low speed turning on my '16 SCV8. Seems to only happen on some occasions, not every occasion. Out of curiosity, I turned on the 4x4 info screen that shows the status of your differential locks and sure enough, when the grinding noise happens, my rear diff lights up as locked. Not sure if that's "normal" (for these cars, anyway) or maybe an overly sensitive traction control system. Seems it only started happening after my dealer ran some ECU software updates while addressing some other odd bits a month or so ago.
I did some digging earlier today and found this TSBLTB00906NAS5 (it's somewhere on this board) I just printed it out but google that. Apparently it has something to do with the transfer case and is a common problem. I have a buddy with a 2016 supercharged and his does it too. It doesn't seem like it's a big deal but the remedy is a transfer flush. It does feel like the locker though, I'll have to check the status screen to confirm. I'm not sure the locker engaging would have much to do with the fluid in the transfer case.

Welcome and excellent color combination.

Do share specs. Miles, price, year ?
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the main reason I pulled the trigger on this one was the color combo and then options, from what I can tell it has every single option including that meridian sound system which I've never even seen fitted before. It is a 2016 autobiography. 69k and paid a tick under 60 for it. I hadn't been looking for autobiographys given their price point, but was able to get a really really good deal on this one.

No mods planned... I don't know what I'd even do to improve on this.

One question I do have, will l322 20" wheels fit on this? I've posted that somewhere else and the consensus is 'maybe' just for winter wheels.

thanks guys

·
Registered
559 Posts

thanks guys
Here's something you can do that will definitely be an improvement...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I did some digging earlier today and found this TSBLTB00906NAS5 (it's somewhere on this board) I just printed it out but google that. Apparently it has something to do with the transfer case and is a common problem. I have a buddy with a 2016 supercharged and his does it too. It doesn't seem like it's a big deal but the remedy is a transfer flush. It does feel like the locker though, I'll have to check the status screen to confirm. I'm not sure the locker engaging would have much to do with the fluid in the transfer case.

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the main reason I pulled the trigger on this one was the color combo and then options, from what I can tell it has every single option including that meridian sound system which I've never even seen fitted before. It is a 2016 autobiography. 69k and paid a tick under 60 for it. I hadn't been looking for autobiographys given their price point, but was able to get a really really good deal on this one.

One question I do have, will l322 20" wheels fit on this? I've posted that somewhere else and the consensus is 'maybe' just for winter wheels.

thanks guys
Ive seen a few L322's for sale with the 22" Autobiography wheels from a L405. So if L405 wheels can fit on a L322, Im assuming the opposite is true. Im in the same boat, just sold by L322 for a 2016 V8SC and not impressed with the designs of the L405 wheels. They seem a little busy. I would love a set of 19 or 20 inch wheels if not for just the wider selection of tires.

As far as upgrades.....im still learning how to use the items installed from the factory! I did put in some SVO style aluminum bits and whipped up a hardwood floor for the trunk area. Other than that, Im just enjoying a new vehicle.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just took delivery of a 2106 Autobiography and love a good mod.

What is this?
Check out my website and you can view photos and videos of this mod...
www.androidaftershock.com

There's also a long standing thread about this setup...

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive seen a few L322's for sale with the 22" Autobiography wheels from a L405. So if L405 wheels can fit on a L322, Im assuming the opposite is true. Im in the same boat, just sold by L322 for a 2016 V8SC and not impressed with the designs of the L405 wheels. They seem a little busy. I would love a set of 19 or 20 inch wheels if not for just the wider selection of tires.

As far as upgrades.....im still learning how to use the items installed from the factory! I did put in some SVO style aluminum bits and whipped up a hardwood floor for the trunk area. Other than that, Im just enjoying a new vehicle.

Very cool mod! My concern regarding the l322SC 20's fitting the SC l405 is the brakes on the 405 are substantially bigger. It looks like they'll clear the barrel of the wheel, but I'm not so sure the offset will clear the spokes of the wheel enough for the caliper. I'm not sure what brakes are fitted to your l405, but mine appear to be enormous 6 piston brembos. I know the l322 brakes were 4 piston. I suppose the way to figure it out is to fit them to the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i do not think the l322 wheels will fit because of the brembo 5.0 SC brakes unless your l322 was a 5.0 SC the brakes are similar size.

Did u get an extended warranty ? And you got a deal for sure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out my website and you can view photos and videos of this mod...
www.androidaftershock.com

There's also a long standing thread about this setup...
Thank you.

Are the videos correct in that if I access the vehicle settings I'd then have to disconnect and reconnect my phone to get CarPlay back?

What is the supplied microphone and speaker used for?

Would I lose any of the stock functionality?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thank you.

Are the videos correct in that if I access the vehicle settings I'd then have to disconnect and reconnect my phone to get CarPlay back?

What is the supplied microphone and speaker used for?

Would I lose any of the stock functionality?
Please follow this thread for all the question and concerns you have...

·
Registered
291 Posts
i do not think the l322 wheels will fit because of the brembo 5.0 SC brakes unless your l322 was a 5.0 SC the brakes are similar size.

Thats a great point and something I didnt consider. Bummer as I do have the 5.0SC but would like 20's for tire choices. Time to rethink the process.
Very cool mod! My concern regarding the l322SC 20's fitting the SC l405 is the brakes on the 405 are substantially bigger. It looks like they'll clear the barrel of the wheel, but I'm not so sure the offset will clear the spokes of the wheel enough for the caliper. I'm not sure what brakes are fitted to your l405, but mine appear to be enormous 6 piston brembos. I know the l322 brakes were 4 piston. I suppose the way to figure it out is to fit them to the car.
Thank you. Thats a great point and something I didnt consider. Bummer as I do have the 5.0SC but would like 20's for tire choices. Time to rethink the process.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I'll know soon enough... I have the wheels and may try to throw one on tomorrow. I did find a thread featuring a guy who fit 20" stormers on a 2015 supercharged sport, so maybe it'll work. I will let you guys know. I planned to do it today but then just didn't. No I did not get an extended warranty. The warranty was going to be 20,000 for an additional 60,000 miles from land rover. Ideally the engine/trans doesn't grenade. My past experience with warranty in general is I can order the part and fix the car before the dealer can even get it in to look at it. I had an extended on my last one and just preferred doing my own work so for the 20k warranty to make sense here, essentially the engine or trans would need to fail in a big way. That said I'm going to do 6000mile oil change intervals and make sure all the other fluids are up to date and clean.

Here's something you can do that will definitely be an improvement...

View attachment 281141
Checked out the website, interesting and cool mod. Will the audio still work as it should? As in whatever is driving the current head unit software will run my climate control/vehicle info/specific meridian software, massage heated/cooled seats, etc etc etc etc etc. I will say the current GPS is laughable, it literally looks the same as my 09 supercharged gps. LOL I'd love to see some vids of how this system works if they're not already posted. I'll dig now but let me know regardless. Thanks, seems like a cool product you've got there.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I checked out some videos of that screen... I'm less concerned with it having polished maps/extra details on music and more concerned with the car functioning as it should. A lot of essential settings/information rely on that screen and based on the videos I don't see how all these functions would carry over to that screen. Is there a vid I missed showing how all the stock features still run on that new screen?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Brad,

I'm sure it may be a little time consuming but I think all of your concerns or question will be answered if you read/follow these threads...

The only thing we have discovered so far in regards to what's not retained from the OEM functionality is the dual view from the screen and auto park/park assist. Those are options that most Range Rovers don't have anyway so I can see why the manufacturer didn't bother trying to configure those options into the Android unit. This unit may not be for everyone and it's definitely not perfect but it has so much more to offer than the OEM screen.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brad,

I'm sure it may be a little time consuming but I think all of your concerns or question will be answered if you read/follow these threads...

The only thing we have discovered so far in regards to what's not retained from the OEM functionality is the dual view from the screen and auto park/park assist. Those are options that most Range Rovers don't have anyway so I can see why the manufacturer didn't bother trying to configure those options into the Android unit. This unit may not be for everyone and it's definitely not perfect but it has so much more to offer than the OEM screen.

great thanks for the info, I'll consider it and good work on these!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts