RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum: Long time reader, 1st time poster. Thank you for all of the excellent tips, tricks, and most importantly the MKIII bugs & issues page. I have been wanting to make this purchase for about 8 years, but reliability chatter always bothered me. I have a back-up car, so it seemed the right time to make my move. I found a 2003 HSE single owner with service history that is truly in nice shape. It's a pleasure to drive!

My question:::: At highway speeds, I sometimes get 3 audible chimes or beeps (has only ever happened once per trip). No lights, no text, nothing flashing, nothing happening. Any ideas?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your car has a speed warning that can be set to remind you that you have reached some predetermined speed. I think this is accessed in the trip computer menu somewhere. I don't know if the speed warning chime makes a sound like you described because I have never used it. I am aware how fast I am driving at all times without a chime to remind me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like the speed warning. You can de-activate it through the onboard computer via your nav screen. scroll to speed limit, click, and then select off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, speed alert. Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts