Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the dreaded 3 amigos ... I have had my wheel speed sensors swapped on front wheels but still end up with "open circuit front right" error had the wiring changed from the wheel sensor to the unit and "voltage" or whatever is measured is ok. Had a new steering angle sensor fitted about 4 months ago. Local mechanic is saying it must be the Bosch ABS control module that is causing the problem but don't want to throw money and parts at car if this is not the right path. Please can someone help.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add when I park it over night and start it the next day there are no warning lights , but they all come on again after 15 mins driving. Have tried doing the steering wheel reset with no luck.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Are you charging the batteries overnight? I would be checking the power issues, is there an open circuit or a drain somewhere, is the alternator putting out enough juice.

Have you checked out the box? Does it look ok inside? Sometimes hitting them with Water Displacment helps. And reseating connections.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
45 Posts
I had the same issue when I replaced my steering angle sensor. Tried to pair it with the car with RS solutions diagnostics software and all appeared OK but the 3 amigo's would come back after a few minutes driving. Took it to the dealer and 80 euro's later, the problem was solved after pairing using Testbook...Perhaps this may be the issue? Darrel

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
71 Posts
I would try jiggling wires and tapping on the ECU to find a loose connection. Unplug connectors and make sure there's no water or corrosion on the contacts, check for bent pins.

·
Registered
2007 4.2 Supercharged Vogue SE
205 Posts
RE steering angle sensor - I changed mine (same issue) all was good and coded with allcomms. 6 months later it was back and managed to get an exchange reprogrammed 1 years later touch wood all good. I have heard if you just change the guts of the sensor it can be a problem rather than changing the whole thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts