RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice on car seats for RRS 06. I need one infant car seat, peg Perego 4-35, and two convertibles, one RF and one FF. I have read that my rear hip room is approx. 52"? Most people say that car seat specs aren't always the best to go by since the width measurement is only by the widest point on the seat, which isn't always the base... What are you using in your RR Sport?! PS apparently NO ONE owns a RR Sport and has three kids on the internet!>:O I've found nada on this subject so far.

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
139 Posts
I need a little explanation for this:
apparently NO ONE owns a RR Sport and has three kids on the internet!
- 3 kids that accessing/playing something on internet?
- 3 kids on internet i.e. internet kids i.e. virtual kids?
:)

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
139 Posts
It is, probably, more common for a family with 3 kids to go with 7 seater vehicle where folded 3rd row will allow for enlarged cargo bay as kids usually come with strollers, etc. Plus many will find it tough to afford 3 kids and $80K+ truck.
I am sure there are a number of guys/girls that can afford the whole package but possibly have their hands full and then some to be on internet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The infant seat will be biggest obstacle as they are typically wider than convertible seats. I have done 3 forward facing seats in my RRS. I used the Diono Radian RXT. They are 17" wide so 3 across is 51", leaving me 1" to spare :) Attaching the seats via seatbelts is also an exercise in flexibility and luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think, after several weeks of research and Amazon-ing, I have found a solution. Starting with behind passenger seat: RF Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible (latch install), middle seat: FF Britax Frontier Clicktight Combination Seat (seat belt install & top tether ((must remove headrest to fit this seat)) (don't even think about the Britax Pinnacle, SIP cushions won't fit!) behind driver: RF Peg Perego 4-35 (latch installation) I tested with my old peg perego sip 30/30, which is larger than the new Peg Perego 4-35, so I'm 99.9% positive it will fit. When you install, you will want to start with the Peg Primo Convertible as it has latch straps that tighten independently and would be impossible to tighten once the Britax is in place. I will also add that I think the Britax Clicktight is a good option for the middle seat in a RRS. The weird angle of the middle seat in a RRS makes it hard to fit a seat securely with a belt install (+top tether), but this Britax get a pretty solid install.

I tried Diono Rainiers.
I hated that they were nearly impossible to tighten!

I tried a Britax Pinnacle, sidewings on SIP too large.

I tried a Clek Fllo RF behind passenger seat. I wanted to like the Fllo, but the rebound bar couldn't be used as it pushed the base off the front seat edge a little (a no-no!) and the seat tilted inward when installed, probably due, again, to the angles of RRS seats.

I will be ordering the new Peg 4-35 to test soon and will update with confirmation that it fits. P.S. the fabrics on the Peg Perego Convertible seat are B-E-A-utiful!

Hope helps someone else out there with 3 across install in a narrow SUV!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts