·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys :crybaby2:
I replaced 3 pump so far this year
4 days ago i hit a big bump in the road suddenly my brake working
all lights are gone :clap:
but 5 minutes into driving :crybaby2: the same thing brake hard no power at all, i have to use both my legs to stop the monster very scary, (may wife stay away 133lbs)there is no way she can stop the truck when the light change.
Ok guys since the brake back for a short while make me think something else i going on.
Any plug i need to check?
Thanks for any Help/

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
You did not mention if these were new or 2nd hand pumps, if new was the black relay in engine bay fuse box replaced as this is a must each time, if not every 60 000km's (depending on type of driving)

Were brakes bled correctly each time pump was replaced.

If yes to above then either you have a electrical problem or the modulator has packed up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys on of the pump was new and the other 2 second hand.
I never replace the relay, i did not know i need to do so.
the brake was bleed once and the the shop guys says there was no air in the system
Accumilator it's 7 months old purchase new from a seller in the UK.

I believe i got a electrical problem somewhere, i don't know how to find it yet.
Thanks for help so far guys.
I love this truck so much i purchase a second one from a wrecker in case i need extra parts, so far no luck.140000 in the clock.

·
Registered
865 Posts
ferret said:
sounds like a bad relay or pressure switch or something else electrical keeping the pump running

was the pump always running? how did you not notice it?
There should be a LED of sorts on the dash to warn of such a problem but theres not
Replacement relays comes in the box from WABCO, pump should be in a foiled sealed bag, if not dont buy.
Relays like to fuse together due to high load on contacts and weak spring to de couple.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey viperover thanks for your tips!
The pump not running at all right now abs tc a brake light are all on.
I just order a used a pump not receive it yet ,i make sure i replace the relay this time to see how long this one will last.
I will keep you guys update.

·
Registered
865 Posts
at best it takes a good 1 1/2hrs to replace pump and bleed brakes but that depends on condition of brake fluid reservoir and may well require removing for cleaning/replacement, I prefer replacement of container due to the fine internal screen filter.

Adding a good chemical to container when removed and left to soak for a hour or two usually loosen up the muck inside nicely, lots of water and back flow through supply pipe to ABS pump remove ALOT of the debris that blocks up the unreachable screen filter using a garden hose but cant sress enough not to allow high pressure through pipe or it will destry the fine mesh filter heence the chemicals added to loosen trapped dirt.

Then its time to dry......either naturaly over 2 days min or use a hair dryer on low warm setting blowing through filler hole
takes around 2 hours to thouroughly dry
Re installing is the bit I hate.

Remember to always covers holes on modulator when reservoir is removed, I also flush the area down with water as brake fluid gets on the paint work but dont get water into modulator.
I dont like doing them but it has to be down cos Im eer....mmmm pasionate about rangies.........why oh why me...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts