RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am looking at a 2015 RRS that has the 3.0 V6 "Supercharged". I am a bit skeptical however and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback/experience they could share.

My first RRS was a 2008 RRS S/C (4.2 V8) - I have to say when I stepped hard on the gas, it sucked down 1/2 the tank, but it was a rocket. My current RRS is a 2011 RRS HSE Lux...and when I first looked at it, I was also skeptical about going from Supercharged to a non-supercharged (however, it is a 5.0 V8). My 2011 is pretty stinking good if you need to step down hard & take off (you know you are driving a V8).

So that brings me to the 3.0 V6 Supercharged. How much do you notice the difference between the 8 and the 6? I kind of have always lived by the adage of "there's no replacement for displacement", so going down to a V6 *possibly* feels like a step back.

Any thoughts you can share would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
287 Posts
So I went from a 2014 V6 SC to a 2016 V8 SC dynamic and probably could never go back to the V6 but I had not qualms with power on the V6. I did the velocity AP tune which got the V6 to about 410 hp (I believe) and it always had ample power. I feel like what I'd miss most bout the V8 is just the pure sound.. But my V6 was pleasant with fuel.. the V8 not so much.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
The current supercharged V6 will outperform any of the vehicles you mentioned. The V8 Supercharged is fantastic and what I always order, but if you're happy with what you've had in the past, you'll be even happier with the new V6

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
My thoughts having driven both extensively. For the sport, there’s a big difference in driving between the two, and I advocate going with the V8 if possible. For the full size to me, there’s a less noticeable difference.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
I had a 2008 RRS with V8 and just got the new Dynamic V6 RRS at 380hp. I live in Colorado so mountain climbing on highways at speed is important to me. So far, I've got no complaints about the HP and pick up of the V6. In addition, there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in gas mileage. While they claim there's only 1mpg less in V8, my V8 avg 14MPG, and the new V6 is averaging around 18-20mpg.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not apples to apples but I recently picked up a 18 RRS HSE dyn, the v6. My daily is a G63. The RRS v6 is plenty fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
"there's no replacement for displacement"
Unfortunately, that's true. The V6 will never feel as the NA V8 used to, let alone the supercharged V8. Horsepower-wise, the V6 might match the older configurations, engines, but it will never behave like a V8. Is the V6 adequate? Sure. Can you get used to it? Absolutely. Will you feel like you downgraded? Yes...

Additionally, one more reason to look long and hard at the V8 models is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulkFsUnw64

If money isn't a big issue, the V8 is the way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,

I have the V8 supercharged Dynamic and can never hope for more... really. The power, the sound and the TFT screen are just fantastic... but I you more about owing a new RRS and not after power, the V6 will be a good way to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts