RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 RRS SC and am looking to get a set of 19" wheels for some MTRs to use for wheeling, trips to my cabin etc. If I run them w/o TPMS will I just constantly get tire pressure warnings, or will there be other issues? I actually had one of my 20"s go flat recently and didn't even get a tire pressure warning, is it possible that my RRS doesn't have TPM? It seems to have everything else that was optional (locking diff, center console fridge, rear seat entertainment, etc) in '06 and I thought TPM was standard.

Thanks for any help.

-TJ

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Early build MY06s did not have TPMS, it went from N/A to standard equipment on all RRS in North America starting some time in late 2005. Mine is a July 05 build and doesn't have it. Check the valve stems on your 20" wheels, if they are made of plastic/rubber you don't have TPMS, if they are metal you probably do. Without sensors in the wheels a car with TPMS will just throw a fault on the dash (and perhaps a warning "bong" at startup), no other issues.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umbertob said:
Early build MY06s did not have TPMS, it went from N/A to standard equipment on all RRS in North America starting some time in late 2005. Mine is a July 05 build and doesn't have it. Check the valve stems on your 20" wheels, if they are made of plastic/rubber you don't have TPMS, if they are metal you probably do. Without sensors in the wheels a car with TPMS will just throw a fault on the dash (and perhaps a warning "bong" at startup), no other issues.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I suppose mine doesn't have it but I'll check it when I can (I'm out of the country on business currently). While I have your attention, has anybody found (affordable) 18" rim options for RRS SCs other than the Bowlers? I looked through all the threads in the stickies and searched and did not see anything. It looks like 19" RRS HSE wheels and MTRs are still the best bet for aggressive offroad tires on a RRS SC?

Thanks,
TJ

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Good luck finding any PD1880 "Bowler" rims anyway unless you get lucky and find a used set, Compomotive (the manufacturer in the UK) doesn't have any in stock and I was told as recently as last week that they don't plan on manufacturing them until / unless they get another order from Bowler for their rally cars. AFAIK, there are no other available 18" options for the 06-09 S/C - and the new 2010 S/C has larger brakes still, so even those rims would no longer fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts