RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
TC.

Are these fitting on a 22"x9.5" wide rim ? You may require wider wheels to fit this tyre size, since the rubber is 11.61" across !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a set of 285/35/22 that fit excellent. There was never a sign of the tire overlapping on the edge of the rim. I liked these tires because the load rating is 108 or 2446lbs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was running the 285/35/22 Nitto 555 Extremes. They were a great tire, I just backed over a nail, and then hit some pot holes in the rain...other than that they were the best performing tire I have had on it yet. I am about to get the Yokohoma Prada Spec-x Tires. They seem to be good BASED ON REVIEWS. If I went to a 295/35/22 I was going after the Yokohoma Advanc ST. I wanted those because of the tire-load rating...it was something like 2446lbs, or 108. I thought that was wonderful for what I would need it for. Either way, I am going to stick with one of those Yokohomas.

The Nitto's are great though. The tread pattern is tough to beat!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, the parada spec x and the general grabbers seem to be rated rather well

was tire rack the best pricing you found?--or would you recommend buying somewhere else?

Also, why did you decide on upsizing to 295 ? Was it riding too hard ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
TC.

I'd rate the Yokohama really highly too ! Drove them a few years back on a FFRR running 22" rims and the ride was sensational.

Not sure if the Yokohama's would be ideal for cool temp's in Nebraska, since their ultra high performance motor sport derived products are amazing in the hot summer heat of say Sth Cal-yet their winter or Ice&Snow performance might be wanting here ?

I checked a reference guide in this forum under 295mm wide brand of tyres your looking at and they require min. 10" wide rim.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
56 Posts
you can run a 9.5" wide with a 295....ive ran 24's for 2 years on 305/35/24 with 9.5" wide wheels.....ran 26s that were 9.5" wide on 305/30/26 both worked fine switched now to 10" wide 26s but the 9.5"s all worked fine for me for years

·
Registered
543 Posts
Your correct Mlarco52.

The 24" and 26" rims & tyres that have graced your rides were OK, since the tyres were wider and the profile was higher too !

Have you noticed any of the differences both visually or comfort wise with your 10 inch wide wheels versus earlier 9.5 inchers ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
56 Posts
completely honest i didnt notice any different ride wise or visually they both look to sit very well with a 305 wide tire a 9.5 and 10"...and the profile on my 24s was higher but on my 26s it is lower then even the tires he is planning on running with the 22's.....he plans on running 295/35/22....im running 305/30/26 and its just fine rides pretty good to be honest but then again i dont tow anything either

·
Registered
543 Posts
Bingo !

That's the difference with 'ThunderCat' using his RRS for towing duties and the respective wheel fitment versus the tyres size.
Any of us can fit larger tyres to our rims which "will" fit, though may not be the minimum recommended width for the wheels.

The reason being is when they design the rubber to perform under the maximum loaded state, the tyre designers indicate the stress and heat point where highest point loads are transferred from the sidewall of the tyre to the tread area when inflated.
By going to a wider tyre the stress point on a small width alloy wheel will move to the edge of the tread area and cause failure ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts