RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put 285/35/24 on 2019 RRS? Any rubbing? I currently have 285/30/24 but I feel more road noise so trying to get a little more side wall to absorb noise.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE
15 Posts
I currently run a 285/45/22 with an overall tire height of 32.1
A 285/35/24 would give you an overall tire height of 31.9
I'd say it will work no problem.
I'd actually go with a 295/35/24 this will give you an overall tire height of 32.1 which is the same height that I'm running. Note..this overall diameter will throw the Speedo off by approx 2mph at 80mph so 80 would actually be about 82.. this should give you the extra cushion your looking for. I believe you need a 24x10 to run a 295 wide tire.
Check out this tire calculator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keith, I actually had new Nitto 420s 295/35/24 put on but when you turn wheel hard left or right it pushed the plastic wheel liner in and it rubbed the carpet style liner. So we took them off. I’m hoping the 285/35/24 doesn’t do this. They ordered them so I will test next week.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE
15 Posts
I have 24x10 wheels as well
Thanks Keith, I actually had new Nitto 420s 295/35/24 put on but when you turn wheel hard left or right it pushed the plastic wheel liner in and it rubbed the carpet style liner. So we took them off. I’m hoping the 285/35/24 doesn’t do this. They ordered them so I will test next week.
Thanks for the tire comparison. The 295/35/25 vs 285/35/24 seems very close in size. Not sure if it’s enough to prevent any rubbing. What year is your RRS?
2015, I'm on the 22x9.5 factory wheels.

·
Registered
361 Posts
On my 1983 Range Rover Classic I prefer 205/80-16 tires personally. Why would you want 24in wheels with a string of rubber around it. Must be terrible off-road!

But then looking at the picture it is a Indian wannabe Range Rover so that explains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my 1983 Range Rover Classic I prefer 205/80-16 tires personally. Why would you want 24in wheels with a string of rubber around it. Must be terrible off-road!

But then looking at the picture it is a Indian wannabe Range Rover so that explains.
I have no clue what photo you are referring too? Racist statements is not allowed. It’s a “sport” not discovery or classic. If you don’t have positive suggestions or feedback please don’t jump in this post. Thanks have a great day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I currently run a 285/45/22 with an overall tire height of 32.1
A 285/35/24 would give you an overall tire height of 31.9
I'd say it will work no problem.
I'd actually go with a 295/35/24 this will give you an overall tire height of 32.1 which is the same height that I'm running. Note..this overall diameter will throw the Speedo off by approx 2mph at 80mph so 80 would actually be about 82.. this should give you the extra cushion your looking for. I believe you need a 24x10 to run a 295 wide tire.
Check out this tire calculator.
So when you do hard turn left or right no rubbing inside wheel well?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I agree 'wannabe' was a bit cheeky and subject to opinion, but Indian is referring to the current Land Rover Ownership by Tata - nothing racist about that. The picture is the picture of your profiles which shows a recent Range Rover, I suppose 2018 model.

My contribution on the Range Rover Classic forum are to specifically related to the Range Rover Classic. So why are you discussion a 2018 Range Rover on the Range Rover classic forum exactly?

·
Registered
951 Posts
He posted it as a 2019 RRS
So he can’t help it he’s posting in the wrong part of the forum....
With the at least a 24 year difference...
In models...must be the silver spoon in the way...

·
Registered
1989 Range Rover Classic
170 Posts
I have no clue what photo you are referring too? Racist statements is not allowed. It’s a “sport” not discovery or classic. If you don’t have positive suggestions or feedback please don’t jump in this post. Thanks have a great day!
Look buddy, your passive-aggressive response to JS5D's innocuous comment is what isn't warranted here. He wasn't trying to be racist or insulting, it was a simple joke. As he pointed out, you are discussing tires for a new range rover sport in the Range Rover Classic model specific forum. Please apologize and move your discussion off this forum and where it belongs. Thanks

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
349 Posts
The politically correct term is Ford Explorer Sport

1 - 17 of 17 Posts