RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang-

I've received a ton a great advice from the forum - THANKS! Thought I'd give back and share my experiences with GoodYear Wrangler AT 255-60 R19 tires.

Like many - I struggled to find a good choice of AT tires that fit our RR Sports. Mine is a 2006. I saw that going up a size should be ok and had the 255-60 R19's installed. They do indeed fit without any issues. See the attached photos. They fill up the wheel wells but I think they really improve the look of the vehicle.

IMG_9039.jpg IMG_9041.jpg

(Not sure why my images are showing up upside down??)

Tire Performance - I use this vehicle mostly onroad, but require good M+S tires for trips to the Sierras for skiing, fishing and backpacking. So I do occasional off-roading on pretty bad dirt roads with rocks to get to the good fishing spots and sometimes need to plow through 6-12" of sierrra cement (snow :) ). I really like these tires on the RRS. The vehicle performs more like a truck. You can feel the extra compliance of the taller profile tires. The snow performance is great - WAY WAY better than the General Grabber UHT I had on there before. Noise is not bad so far. They are a little louder than the street oriented tires I had before but not bad. I really don't notice any difference in noise at all. At highway speeds the wind noise from the luggage rack is still louder than the tire noise. I'd recommend them! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Welcome to the forums. If you're looking for others to wheel with come check out the club at norcalrovers.org

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Look like the Norcal club will finally have a Cairns Blue representative! Looks good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I received a request to update the thread with a report on the tires. I've got 10,000 miles on them - mostly on road. They are holding up well as far as tread wear goes. I've taken the RRS on 2 ski trips and 2 fishing trips that entailed off-roading on mostly dirt roads. No rock crawling. The tires performed great. The snow and ice traction is much better than the grabbers I had on there. I feel way more confident in the snow. Driving in the dirt is great as well. The extra compliance of the taller profile is way better. So I'd recommend them!

For comparison - when I was younger I had a Toyota 4x4 with BF Goodrich All terrain A/T's. Those things were awesome. If they came in a 19" size that fit the RRS I'd get them again in heartbeat. The BFG's have stiffer sidewalls and feel like they'd be more durable in rocky terrain than the Wranglers. But the Wranglers are good performers given the limited choices we have in 255-60 R19.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts