Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

got these in 24x10

and got nexxen n3000 tires had them on my other cars love them!.. he said 275 would rub so i got 255/30/ 24 said that would be the best fit........ think i will be good?... roads here in Winnipeg aren't too great.... and i do some highway driving not much... you think it will rub in high mode or if i lower it? I drive pretty careful when i have rims... how is the ride quality with the people who have 24's on their range...?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Vicar.

This is Soo wrong on soo many levels that I fear either the tyre shop aint gonna' touch this fitment with a 20 foot barge poll since the tyres won't make spec' dude !

Your '03 ride originally came with "111" load rated licorice on all Four corners & now you're thinking of sticking black band-aids to hold this 5000pd truck to tarmac.

I think Pirelli offer their 285/35WR24 108's in a "Pzero Asym" pattern that come close to doing the job and make sure those rims come in approx. -25mm offset ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Here we go again. :oops:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Bert says no to 24s on a Range Rover. Listen to Bert.

·
Premium Member
2016.5 L405 Range Rover HSE & 2020.5 L663 Defender 110 P400HSE
985 Posts
I personally wouldn't do 24's on a Range Rover but I've seen some that look pretty nice...I guess it's all about the style and quality of the wheel you choose. My advice to you is to just go with what makes YOU happy...everyone has their own taste and style so just do you.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have seen 23s on a range rover but not 24s I think they would look fantastic and should fit okj as the 23s were fine even in access mode

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Yep. Listen to Bert. Its ugly, it wrecks resale value, it makes you look like a lowlife scumbag. Leave it stock and avoid all of the issues. No one is going to think your gangster or rich. They just picture you inked up with a whore wife and a car payment that you cant afford. Do you want that?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Doctor Leo said:
Yep. Listen to Bert. Its ugly, it wrecks resale value, it makes you look like a lowlife scumbag. Leave it stock and avoid all of the issues. No one is going to think your gangster or rich. They just picture you inked up with a whore wife and a car payment that you cant afford. Do you want that?
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Doctor Leo said:
:naughty: That's such a biased stereotypical opinion...a good friend of mine who happens to be a Doctor has a Range Rover with 24's on it. He's definately not a lowlife scumbag nor is he even married...he doesn't even have a car payment because he actually paid off his Rover in 2 years after purchasing it brand new. Yes, I agree that the Range Rover looks good in stock form but there's absolutely nothing wrong with a little customization to express yourself as an individual.

:think: wow...seems like the only way for someone to get accepted in this forum is to buy a Range Rover and leave it stock...so much for being an individual and having your own taste. Some people are so quick to judge :snooty:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
All I am saying is it projects the image of a scumbag. Not that you are one for having 24s. :naughty:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doctor Leo said:
All I am saying is it projects the image of a scumbag. Not that you are one for having 24s. :naughty:
To me it projects the image of an idiot. Why buy a vehicle known for its comfort and off road ability and then ruin both of those with big wheels? It's just like when you see someone with their trousers below their bottom. No one thinks 'there goes an intelligent man'.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
KurtVerbose said:
Doctor Leo said:
To me it projects the image of an idiot. Why buy a vehicle known for its comfort and off road ability and then ruin both of those with big wheels? It's just like when you see someone with their trousers below their bottom. No one thinks 'there goes an intelligent man'.

Hmmmm...well, I didn't buy my Range Rover for it's comfort or off road ability and I happen to have 22" wheels on it...as far as comfort, I can't tell any difference from when I had the stock wheels on and as far as off road ability, I don't plan on taking it off road at all but i still have the stock wheels if I just happen to get the urge to do so.

KurtVerbose and Doctor Leo, here's something for the both of you to think about...the content of your statements and your choice of words say a lot more about your character and intelligence level than someone with 24" wheels on a Range Rover and someone with their trousers below their bottom. You guys seem to be very shallow in my opinion. Maybe it would do you both some good to expand your social life a little further than an internet forum where you're just sitting behind a keyboard firing insults at people you don't even know. Neither one of you would last in the real world thinking the way that you think and making the comments that you have made.

·
Registered
405 Posts
KurtVerbose said:
Doctor Leo said:
Well said and very true.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
FFRR05DUKE said:
KurtVerbose said:
Doctor Leo said:

Hmmmm...well, I didn't buy my Range Rover for it's comfort or off road ability and I happen to have 22" wheels on it...as far as comfort, I can't tell any difference from when I had the stock wheels on and as far as off road ability, I don't plan on taking it off road at all but i still have the stock wheels if I just happen to get the urge to do so.

KurtVerbose and Doctor Leo, here's something for the both of you to think about...the content of your statements and your choice of words say a lot more about your character and intelligence level than someone with 24" wheels on a Range Rover and someone with their trousers below their bottom. You guys seem to be very shallow in my opinion. Maybe it would do you both some good to expand your social life a little further than an internet forum where you're just sitting behind a keyboard firing insults at people you don't even know. Neither one of you would last in the real world thinking the way that you think and making the comments that you have made.

Bottom line is larger wheels yield no improvement, they actually diminish the rovers ability to do what it was designed to do. That being said someone would have to care more about aesthetics over function, it's easy to pick on these people since the rover is possibly the worst platform to screw with. People who appreciate the rover from a design standpoint (enthusiasts) are easily offended when the ignorant throw 24's on em.

22's are ok, but boarder-line IMO

My feeling on the matter is, "hey it's your money and your rover, taste can't be argued. Enjoy your molested range rover."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.