RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I am brand new to this site. I have been doing some research and I am trying to find the best fit for 24's on my 06 Sport s/c. I have been running 285/35/22 Nitto 555's. One blew out the other day, the side wall and some bumps and bruises, I knew it was going to happen, so there was not too much I could do. My boy has the big body range, and is going to give me his 24's, because he just put some 26's on his...now I have been reading about the different sizes, I have found some 285/30/24's that have a crazy load weight...they are the cooper zeon xst-a...but the load weight isn't the same at every site I have checked....my only other choice would be a 295/30/24 from Toyo...The Proxes ST-II's.

I am going to sell my 22inch asanti's so if anyone is interested let me know...

but what can anyone tell me about the rubbing of these tires anywhere on the car.

I also pull a boat with this monster...I will post a pic to show you what it all looks like...but I just need some help on these tires fellas...what's the word?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
Sorry, no answer on the tires. But I am interested in the wheels. I'm trying to find a used set, so please send or post pics..

·
Registered
543 Posts
TC.

What are the width of those 24" tractor rims ? Just need to check the spec. before suggesting tyres to work with the setup ?
Have a look at the Yokohama range of rubber for 275mm width tyres running a 30 aspect which will have to be Xtra load rated !

The other option could be Pirelli with their Ultra High performance sports car tyres and better check out new shocks & bushes.
Does your ride have Dynamic Stability Program standard, as additional weight of the wheel/tyre combo could be detrimental.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My sport does come with the dynamic response stability program you mentioned. The rims are off of the 2008 full sized range rover. Each spec I have went to check out says the recommended tire size is a 295/30/24. My only questions is, is it a big deal to take those rims from the full size range rover, and put them on a sport?

Also the 275 won't be strong enough, because I do pull a bass boat at times with, also I live in Washington D.C. So we have pot holes galore!

I want to say my boy had 305/35 (maybe40)/24's on his full size. He had the Nitto 420. Also both of his rims are the deep dish/reverse style rims.

I had staggered stance on my sport, will that make a difference? I hope this is all somewhat helpful.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
Hey buddy, Im not too sure on the answer. I think those wheels would clear the breaks. The tires may be another issue, I don't think his tires would have a chance clearing on your Sport. I think 285 is the widest people go and thats on 22s. You may have some severe rubbing issues. If hes got 305, and your stuck w/ 275.. your rim may stick out farther than the tire and that looks real stupid in my oppinion. And regardless, your going to be running on a 30 or 35 series tire.. you won't have a choice in that matter I dont think.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Can we leave the ghettoing-up of SUV's to those who drive escalades, tahoes and expeditions? The range rover is a classic vehicle with a classic look. Please don't make it look all NBA'ish.

·
Registered
543 Posts
TC.

Pirelli are your bet buddy. Their PZero Nero M+S is available under their listed size 285/30ZR24 which should clear the guards !

Good luck sourcing the rubber as it appears several members are having difficulty getting any help from tire-rack or others etc.

Just confirm the width of those 24 inch rims-it should be stamped somewhere as a dimension on the back edge of those alloys ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ukraine Range...why all the negativity my friend? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...one of the best ranges done is by my brother who plays in the NBA. He just bought a 2010 Range complete White on White with 26's.

And why does it have to be "Ghettoing Up?" Does it make a difference... let people do as they please...

Sometimes classics can just be made "Class-ier"

GOD BLESS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My range sport is a 06 s/c. Like I said I had 285/35/22...but from what I understand people are getting 295/30/24's...I definitely won't have the rim poking out from the tire...if anything more tire than rim. I just wanted to make sure that no matter if the rim is reversed or standard in the front that it would lock up with my front end just find.

I am going to use th toyo proxes st II's because their load rating is almost the same as a 22.

How does that sound to you experts?

Thanks for the help again fellas, I really appreciate it.

GOD BLESS.

·
Registered
318 Posts
ThunderCat said:
Ukraine Range...why all the negativity my friend? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...one of the best ranges done is by my brother who plays in the NBA. He just bought a 2010 Range complete White on White with 26's.

And why does it have to be "Ghettoing Up?" Does it make a difference... let people do as they please...

Sometimes classics can just be made "Class-ier"

GOD BLESS.
I can hardly think of anything to say - going up to 24's, roads full of potholes and towing a boat. wtf. 'Let people do as they please' - until your stupidity causes a tire blowout and accident on the freeway. You can't always let people do as they please otherwise you'd have anarchy. Plus you have to create rules to keep the nitwits from killing themselves or each other.

I still need to figure out a way to get a common sense police commission formed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, and If i towed the boat everyday then I would have a problem. Also potholes all over was a little drastic from my point...so I apologize...lol...if that were the case, then I would use my common sense and refrain from pulling my boat any where near D.C., or in that fact having one at all.

However, since my common sense tells me that I only pull my boat going down the high way, to the boat ramp and back, and not through downtown D.C., B-MORE...or anywhere else in that matter where pot holes eat rims and tires on a regular basis, then I should be fine where pot holes are rare on the road that I travel on... I guess that common sense police you want to form will have problems writing their tickets.

My common sense tells me that we also have the metro in D.C....and why drive a high dollar suv that takes 93 prem. fuel from stop light to stop light only to cause more problems.... I guess my common sense is just leaking everywhere huh?

People are doing to do as they please, it is the way of the world...and if the world ran how everyone else wanted it to...then where would we be? You wouldn't be happy, and neither would I....

I do agree you do need rules...in that case we all should drive the same cars....or just ride bicycles for the rest of our life...

Your common sense police will need a Sgt.... I know a good one...lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
TC...Dont worry about the neg comments. Put what YOU want on YOUR truck and call it good. UK's comments weren't worth the response.

I would like some clarification though. Are you looking at the 24's because your friend gave them to you? To me it does seem a tad unsafe to run that size tire on your sport. What works for the Full Size may not work for the sport.

Regardless of what you do though, make sure you post pics of the truck, boat, bass, and the potholes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I appreciate the post my friend. I am deciding between keeping the 22's i have or just moving up. Here is what it looks like now... Tell me what you think...

Those are the 22's....notice the flat ground the truck is sitting on...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
My opinion is: Keep the 22s. They look good and compliment the Strut chrome grill and side vents quite well. Besides ride quality and... potholes, going larger will also make your brakes look puny.

If you do decide to go with the FFRR's 24s (assuming they were fitted on a Supercharged model, otherwise don't bother as the Brembo calipers will most likely get in the way), you have about a 50/50 chance they will fit your S/C Sport. Clearances are similar between the two models, but when you fit aftermarket wheels not specifically designed for a particular car, all bets are off. Offset between a Range Rover and a Range Rover Sport is slightly different on OEM wheels and who knows what type of offset those 24s are using. Test fitting them may be the only way to be sure.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
You could always put the 24's on the boat trailer :D :D

Stuarts Draft? right near Lexington...know it well. The BRP's a lovely road. Welcome.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You ever fish Smith Mountain? How does the rover pull a boat? I will be buying another Ranger this winter .. did not really look at the sport for towing .. but if it works .. it works!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts