RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, First time poster. Bought my 06 Bonatti Gray RRS w/29k a few months ago. I just bought some Deluxe Design D10's from wheel experts. I was wondering does anyone keep there 22's on in the snow? I am using 285/40/22. Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
lisn2me said:
Hello, First time poster. Bought my 06 Bonatti Gray RRS w/29k a few months ago. I just bought some Deluxe Design D10's from wheel experts. I was wondering does anyone keep there 22's on in the snow? I am using 285/40/22. Thanks
post pics or ban.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
It has less to do with size as it does the tyre. Even on 22s the tread design varies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was gonna post pics with the wheels on as soon as I get them here and mounted.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
a little off subject. You're running your Mac mini off your nav display? as in able to use the touch screen feature and all? please do tell

·
Registered
670 Posts
ttp://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h ... DN%26um%3D

D10s are pretty sick, but i still think Stormers are the way to go, i'd like to think that the people who designed the RRS know a thing or two about proportion, scale and harmony. People post some great shots in here with alternative wheels and 60% of the time I love them, when I see guys posting their trucks with Stormers I love them 100% of the times, it's the whole design thing.

But that's just me, a purist.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rafa said:
a little off subject. You're running your Mac mini off your nav display? as in able to use the touch screen feature and all? please do tell
I am just finishing up the install. I am using a Mac mini with the gvif_lr from Navvideo. a dvi to composite video adapter from apple to hook that up. A carnetix dc regulator and a Mac mini wiring harness from MP3car.com to hook the mac up for power. Then I have the Mac set up to load up the front row program which gives me my Itunes library with album art on the screen and watch movies that I have loaded on my Itunes. I can control it all from the little remote from Apple. I also have my AT&T usb internet card hooked up for the web. And if I really need to surf the web for something or the passenger I have a logitech diNovo mini keyboard to use. I also Am running a USB port to be mounted in the glove box to hook up my Iphone to charge or sync or anything else. I will take pictures when its all done and list what was used. I basically started this because of the lack of a good Ipod interface.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
D10s are pretty sick, but i still think Stormers are the way to go, i'd like to think that the people who designed the RRS know a thing or two about proportion, scale and harmony. People post some great shots in here with alternative wheels and 60% of the time I love them, when I see guys posting their trucks with Stormers I love them 100% of the times, it's the whole design thing.

But that's just me, a purist.[/quote]

I do agree with you, on my Audi's I have always bought Oem style reps just bigger because I like the OEM look. I just figured I would try something different.

·
Registered
670 Posts
lisn2me said:
rafa said:
I am just finishing up the install. I am using a Mac mini with the gvif_lr from Navvideo. a dvi to composite video adapter from apple to hook that up. A carnetix dc regulator and a Mac mini wiring harness from MP3car.com to hook the mac up for power. Then I have the Mac set up to load up the front row program which gives me my Itunes library with album art on the screen and watch movies that I have loaded on my Itunes. I can control it all from the little remote from Apple. I also have my AT&T usb internet card hooked up for the web. And if I really need to surf the web for something or the passenger I have a logitech diNovo mini keyboard to use. I also Am running a USB port to be mounted in the glove box to hook up my Iphone to charge or sync or anything else. I will take pictures when its all done and list what was used. I basically started this because of the lack of a good Ipod interface.
Yes please do post pictures, maybe start a new tread.
As far as winter tires for your 22s, when I did my research I found Nokian WRG2 295/30R22 103V XL
I run those in the 19" for winter use, the tire guy went on and on about wall height/tire width, being factors when selecting tires for the winter/snow, he wanted me to go down to 18" for winter. I refused and he gave me this "you's dumb city folk" glare, I think he thought I was a little more hard core about the mountain/snow than i am.

take care
snow tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 22's in winter? (Mac Mini)

lisn2me said:
rafa said:
How is the mini working for you? Have you had a chance to post a build somewhere?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have MTRs on OEM 19s for the winter, and will be running 22s after ski season. All I know is that the MTRs give epic grip in deep snow in Tahoe.

JP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts