RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts or experience with 06 RR HSE, with 22" wheels with 305-35-22 tires? I was thinking of buying a package with tires this size, do you think they may be too big?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Correct tires are 285/35/22. 305 will give you some rubbing issues.

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The problem is the width....285/35/22 or 285/40/22 will work just fine if the wheels have the right offset. The 305/35/22 is def. not going to work too well.....what wheels are they?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
27 Posts
Be careful not to ruin your powersteering pump with the 305s - I am running the 285 and that puts a strain on it already.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you explain what you mean by strain on the power steering? I was going to buy the wheels and use 285x35x22's after reading the responses in this post. If it will cause problems I will stick with the factory wheels.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
djdvs said:
Can you explain what you mean by strain on the power steering? I was going to buy the wheels and use 285x35x22's after reading the responses in this post. If it will cause problems I will stick with the factory wheels.

Thanks
You shouldn't have any worries about the power steering. I have had 24's on my Range Rover since 2007 and have had no problems at all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ SSIIICK how do the 24's work for you, do they rub at all? Also how do you like the Pirelli tires, I heard mixed reactions to them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
djdvs said:
@ SSIIICK how do the 24's work for you, do they rub at all? Also how do you like the Pirelli tires, I heard mixed reactions to them.

Thanks
The 24's have been great for me. I had extremely minimal rubbing which was easily taken care of by my local shop. The Pirelli tires are absolutely my favorite. I will always have Pirelli tires on every car I own. I would go with the Pirelli 285/35/22 in your case. You will be very happy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
27 Posts
Well, the wider tires and the bigger wheels represent quite a bit more weight and the car itself is not "light" so the powersteering pump has pretty hard job to do to begin with. the strain is especially hard if the car is not moving and you turn the steering wheel, although I have not heard pumps fail, I can "feel" the extra load on the pump with the wider tires when turning the steering wheel without moving which sometimes is just what is needed (parking)
My personal opinion the 285 are fine, the 305s are too big especially for the front wheels AND if you have expensive wheels with 35 tires I hope you have PERFECT roads where you live without any potholes...:) good luck!

(I have 4 nice looking 22s sitting in the garage as 2 rims are bend, one so severe that it is terminal and I live in NE Pennsylvania. I am kind of tires buying new rims once or twice a year plus on top of that pay EZ Pass for roads that are never fixed, this is not Florida...)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts