RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got car, 2007 RRS, back from dealer after service for suspension noise in front. I advised them of a clunking noise at slow speeds. The bushings were changed in April 2010. I have 22" Redbourne on them. They are now stating the cause of the problem is the wheel size. They state"... alignment bolt is moving in frame. Needs OEM wheels put back on - 22" rims are too large - car should not be driven. Continued use will cause the frame holes to be oblong..." I cannot believe the wheels are causing a problem since there are so many 22" wheels around. I do not recall if LR ever sold 22" wheel.

Did anyone ever hear of this? They ordered replacement bolts and are charging for repair, not warranty.

This does not make sense to me.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've had 22" wheels on my `06 RRS for the entire 38k miles. I experience the same low speed "clunking noise". But I don't believe that it's the wheels. I have a coworker with an `07 RRS with stock 19" wheels and his Rover makes the same noise at low speeds.

In my opinion, the dealer is simply trying to find an excuse to not have to make a warranty claim out of your issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RRSupercharged888 said:
Take look at this..........http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20792
Maybe this is your problem.
Thanks for reply. I have done some research on the noise. My problem started in March 2010 after the original local dealer did an improper repair job using the new instructions and some old parts. A second trip to another dealer found the issue and changed the parts to correct it in April. Now I think I will be visiting the second dealer, although farther away, since they have some more knowledge. Not sure about the expertise of my local dealer. A second opinion cannot hurt.

I just cannot believe they are so concerned that my existing wheels will cause damage to the frame of the vehicle; as they recommend it not to be driven until the wheels are changed.

The second opinion will hopefully do some research and repair appropriately.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had my second opinion and the 22" wheels do not have any impact on the possible frame damage as suggested by my first service dealer. I went back to the second dealer and they found the issue; it was the sway bar bushings again. They changed the bushing and the noise is gone.

Consequently, it appears safe to drive with 22" wheels, just wish LR would make the sway bushings last longer. Still a pain to bring in every so often and have them change (although under warranty).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts