RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the FAQ's about the various options for 22" stormers -- I have decided I would like to get a set of machined face 22" stormers. 285/35/22

Looking on ebay, I found 2 offsets -- one was 35, and was 50. I think the stock 20's run a 53 (please correct me on that if I'm wrong)

I found a set from Eurotec wheels for $995 inluding shipping which seems like a decent deal -- they run 35 offset.

Now, from reading this board and others -- some have cautioned to be watchful of offsets because of the suspension components come real close on some 22s

When I called them they said that stock lugs can be used -- but wouldn't they be too long ?

Anyone used a 35 offset or a 50 offset for 22" stormers -- can you use stock lugs ?

Any other thoughts or helpful hints are appreciated.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
I had 20's on before i switched to the 22 machine faced stormers. bought them on ebay and the were 22X10 ET50 wheels. My lugs fit just fine. Put 285/30/22 Nitto tires on and it looks bad ass.
Also I put on the locking lug on each wheel to prevent theft...you might want to do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
here's a pic of before (rear wheel) and after (front wheel)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
didn't show on that last one...
 

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
225 Posts
Lone Rangerover said:
Reading the FAQ's about the various options for 22" stormers -- I have decided I would like to get a set of machined face 22" stormers. 285/35/22

Looking on ebay, I found 2 offsets -- one was 35, and was 50. I think the stock 20's run a 53 (please correct me on that if I'm wrong)

I found a set from Eurotec wheels for $995 inluding shipping which seems like a decent deal -- they run 35 offset.

Now, from reading this board and others -- some have cautioned to be watchful of offsets because of the suspension components come real close on some 22s

When I called them they said that stock lugs can be used -- but wouldn't they be too long ?

Anyone used a 35 offset or a 50 offset for 22" stormers -- can you use stock lugs ?

Any other thoughts or helpful hints are appreciated.

Cheers
I have purchased a set from Eurotec before. First, the service was so bad I gave negative feedback on eBay (and I don't do that). They sent the wrong center caps (green land rover with chrome exterior and no the wheels were not chrome) and tried to convince me that things change and I would have to pay for the ones in the auction to be sent since they would have to pay shipping again (what? You sent me the wrong ones and want me to pay?). Finally got them 30+ days later... Second, the offset was not listed in the auction I purchased from. So I called and they told me that it was the same (give or take +3) as stock. Well, I got the wheels and had them put on my 06 RRS SC and they stuck out beyond my wheel wells. I asked the place that installed them why and was told it was because my stocks had a 53 offset and these had a 35. I called Eurotec to return them and they refused because they had been mounted (never driven on, just mounted). This was BS since I called before hand and expected it to be off by “3” not “18”! I ended up switching back to my originals... I would not recommend that company…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have any pics of what the 35 offset looked like when you installed it ?

I have seen a couple of sports with 22" stormers in the flesh parked on the street, so couldn't tell what the offset was, but I noticed the wheel seemed to be inset quite a ways. -- so I'm wondering if the 35 offset wouldn't be a good thing (to fill the wheel well up) -- and also to move the wheel away from the suspension arms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
REDROVER said:
didn't show on that last one...
NIIIICE Quite a difference, Red Rover -- are those 285/35 or 285/30 ?

I'm looking for those exact wheels except I want the parts that you have painted black to be silver.

Who did you get them through, and what did they end up costing ? -- Would you recommend your supplier ?
 

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
225 Posts
Lone Rangerover said:
do you have any pics of what the 35 offset looked like when you installed it ?

I have seen a couple of sports with 22" stormers in the flesh parked on the street, so couldn't tell what the offset was, but I noticed the wheel seemed to be inset quite a ways. -- so I'm wondering if the 35 offset wouldn't be a good thing (to fill the wheel well up) -- and also to move the wheel away from the suspension arms.

I don't. Sorry...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
They're 285/30/22's Nitto 420S tires.
They look BADASS. Got them from Ebay from "eurowheelspecialist" for $899 + $150 shipping. he's in CA.
but he knocked off $100 because they got caught in customs coming off the boat so they were $949 shipped. The tires cost more!
GEt them bro. They look awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any rubbing issues?

Im curious as to why you went with a 285/30 instead 35 -- most of the packages I've seen run 35's

how does it ride on 30's ? I was considering 295/30/22 -- did you consider this at all ?

how does it look with the lower profile of a 30 -- any more pics?

looks great from that side shot--just like the one that LR used in the original concept!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Lone Rangerover said:
any rubbing issues?

Im curious as to why you went with a 285/30 instead 35 -- most of the packages I've seen run 35's

how does it ride on 30's ? I was considering 295/30/22 -- did you consider this at all ?

how does it look with the lower profile of a 30 -- any more pics?

looks great from that side shot--just like the one that LR used in the original concept!
The only reason to go with a 285 30 is to retain the exact OD of the original 20" wheel/tire set up. If you do the 285 35 the main benefit is some more sidewall cushion but at the expense of a tire that's 1" greater in diameter hence your speedo will be off slightly.

I also want to see more pics.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top