RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it fit in the spare wheel well? its got 285/35 on think the Overfinch tiger alloy is 9J so would it fit?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The overall diameter is less than 5mm larger than stock, so I'm going to say that the spare wheel well has room for 2.5mm per side for the clearance. I think your issue will be with the width. That 285 tyre is over an inch wider than the stocker and I doubt that the load floor would sit right with it there. It's been awhile since I looked under there so don't take my word for it. Go look at your truck and see if there is 1" of room to give.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have been considering getting someone to enlarge my wheel well and I think it could be done. There isn't a lot of room but if you had someone cut the base and sides out some gussets could be welded in to make it bigger. I want to carry a same size spare when I put Cooper Zeons on and this would be the only good way I can see.
The rear muffler is large though and may get in the way. I was also considering taking that off and replacing it with two smaller silencers there to give more room.

It would be quite an operation but it may be an option?

Cheers,
Damo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts