RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a lot of difficulty figuring out wheel and tire options for my RRS so figured this may help some people...

Just purchased some (cheap) aftermarket wheels for my 2015 RRS SC and fitted with 285/40 Yokohama Parada Spec-x tires. No issues with rubbing even when on comfort access height.

Also purchased new TPMS sensors and after mounting, had to activate myself with a tool I purchased off amazon (not sure why the installer did not do this).

Wheels are decent quality - as with I think all cheap aftermarket wheels, they do sound hollow when going over seams in the highway, hard to explain the sound unless you've heard it before. These wheels will never see salt (I am using my original 21" with snows for winter driving) and I think they will hold up well.

Tires - quiet comfortable ride, decent handling. Only have a few hundred miles on them, but no complaints. I like the looks of the 285/45 and glad to have the slight extra width and height for pot-hole protection here in WNY.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered mine through overfinch and tires through local tire warehouses. Love the look of the autobiography wheels on the L494.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
44 Posts
Had a lot of difficulty figuring out wheel and tire options for my RRS so figured this may help some people...

Just purchased some (cheap) aftermarket wheels for my 2015 RRS SC and fitted with 285/40 Yokohama Parada Spec-x tires. No issues with rubbing even when on comfort access height.

Also purchased new TPMS sensors and after mounting, had to activate myself with a tool I purchased off amazon (not sure why the installer did not do this).

Wheels are decent quality - as with I think all cheap aftermarket wheels, they do sound hollow when going over seams in the highway, hard to explain the sound unless you've heard it before. These wheels will never see salt (I am using my original 21" with snows for winter driving) and I think they will hold up well.

Tires - quiet comfortable ride, decent handling. Only have a few hundred miles on them, but no complaints. I like the looks of the 285/45 and glad to have the slight extra width and height for pot-hole protection here in WNY.
Am I reading this correctly, set of 4 is really only $815? Or each wheel is $815? Seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
set of 4. They are cheap china cast. Finish is actually perfect. Also purchased the TPMS from them, i think 110 total for all 4. Weight is not much more than stock wheels however one of them required a decent amout of weight to balance. Don't notice any vibration when driving. I am happy overall and when I inevitably get curb rash, i won't be as upset

·
Registered
341 Posts
set of 4. They are cheap china cast. Finish is actually perfect. Also purchased the TPMS from them, i think 110 total for all 4. Weight is not much more than stock wheels however one of them required a decent amout of weight to balance. Don't notice any vibration when driving. I am happy overall and when I inevitably get curb rash, i won't be as upset
I have a brand new OEM set of these rims in my garage that were a dealer take-off I bought for $1800 so its a little over double for OEM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a brand new OEM set of these rims in my garage that were a dealer take-off I bought for $1800 so its a little over double for OEM.

you got lucky. I was getting quoted around 800/wheel when i was looking at getting OEM from a dealership when I called around.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
Looks great! Im looking to do the exact same thing with my RRS. Just picked it up last week so new to this, how did the TPMS process go?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice. Looks like those have a 45mm offset. How do they look from the back? I'm curious on the rears and whether or not they might need spacers.

Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great! Im looking to do the exact same thing with my RRS. Just picked it up last week so new to this, how did the TPMS process go?
I did not read through my old posts in this thread. I did have to purchase a TPMS tool from amazon for ~$99 to get them to wake up. No amount of driving woke them up as it should have.

it was something similar to this https://smile.amazon.com/Autel-TS401-Activation-MX-sensor-Programming/dp/B00AERMVYC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=tpms+tool&qid=1557602189&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts