Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a 20th Anniversary Edition Supercharged for sale in Denver. Number 35 of 40. Seems like a pretty rare truck, it's the first one I've ever seen for sale online. Unfortunately, the previous owner took off the original two piece wheels, and put some hideous 22's on it. But it's still a cool car. I was hoping someone else on here might have one, and would be able to post pictures of the watches etc. that came with it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the factory painted mirrors and grill surround. From the other few I found pictures of, they all had the same paint job.

Here's the link to the one that's for sale.
http://www.landroverdenver.com/used...ge+Rover-7b9c5e380a0e0adf484d5bd17b70faf7.htm

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
338 Posts
I didn't even know there was such thing. I guess since their so rare.

I agree with the wheels. The stock ones (I googled pictures) look way better.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Considering the dealer can't even spell "anniversary" I wouldn't get too excited. This is the 20th anniversary of what? Obviously not Land rover, certainly not Range Rover. At an extreme stretch it COULD be the 20th of the reintroduction of Range Rover to the NAS market.

Frankly there is absolutely nothing special about this rig. The mileage is not exciting, nothing spectacular for options and the price is ridiculous. It is nothing more than a tacky milk wagon on lame oversized rims. I would save your money for a cleaner better appointed example.

·
Banned
901 Posts
I'm going to check it out tmrw. Thanks for posting. I totally agree about the wheels and tires but the interior and painted grills etc I think are interesting. The clock, and painted instrument center console look different from standard as well. Also upgraded wood? It's a 2007 supercharged from a dealer-- isn't 24k about right for Denver.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Piano black wood is a standard option. It is nothing special to this "edition". THe two tone seats are poorly fitted with puckers and bagging in a couple of photos. Doubt that is factory. If it is it has been poorly maintained. The screens for the rear are both crooked/low on the left sides, again nothing special. As for hte price I wouldn;t touch it with a barge pole for anything beyond $20K no matter where it is located. At least then there would be funds left over to get real rims and make the outside less ghetto phabulous. :lol:

·
Banned
901 Posts
this is all factory. It's actually a 20th anniversary premium. The clock, dark fascia, painted grills polished letters, two tone seats, extended leather application, its all factory. apparently this is a 32500 option package and it is indeed official land rover commemorating 20 years of RR in America. The factory wheels on this were sick looking... Here s some info: http://www.roverhaul.com/g3t/therangerover/L322-mkIII/rrmk3-20th apparently it was delivered with his and her watches.

the wood is lined anthracite which is available on other models like the Westminster but it is a premium wood. I'll look out for the screens anything else I should look for. Apparently there was some damage on the carfax which I don't like seeing.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Unless you are buying it totally for it's "limited edition" tag it is not worth it in my book. A well outfitted example of the same year with clean carfax and pristine maintenance is going to get you much farther than a badged/trimmed example with a braging right price tag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its too bad all the things that make this a special edition are just cosmetic. Of course a Range Rover celebrating 20 years in America is going to be ghetto, a couple years later and it would have been fully " murdered out"!

·
Banned
901 Posts
Unless you are buying it totally for it's "limited edition" tag it is not worth it in my book. A well outfitted example of the same year with clean carfax and pristine maintenance is going to get you much farther than a badged/trimmed example with a braging right price tag.
I'm on the hunt for an 07-09 sc so any examples like you mention would be helpful.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Considering the dealer can't even spell "anniversary" I wouldn't get too excited. This is the 20th anniversary of what? Obviously not Land rover, certainly not Range Rover. At an extreme stretch it COULD be the 20th of the reintroduction of Range Rover to the NAS market.

Frankly there is absolutely nothing special about this rig. The mileage is not exciting, nothing spectacular for options and the price is ridiculous. It is nothing more than a tacky milk wagon on lame oversized rims. I would save your money for a cleaner better appointed example.
It is the 20th Anniversary of the Range Rover hitting the US market. Also, the dealer has no control of the spelling or the website unfortunately. The photos get uploaded to a program called vAuto, and then someone in a presumably out of country location does the listing... kind of stupid.

The price is fair, Rovers go for a lot more in the winter months here. I'd say $22,995 would be really competitive. Honestly it's not the cleanest example, but is fairly nice. I've seen a lot worse. It has the original spare in the trunk with the two piece wheel, they are really stunning. Shame they took them off.

Cliff is correct, it isn't Piano black. It's oak. Pretty interesting, but it's not worth a premium.

It's similar to the P38 special editions. Yeah, they're kind of cool, but not worth a whole lot more.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
457 Posts
I remember seeing one on the dealer showroom floor when it was new, and thought it was pretty neat (but it also came with watches, which I don't wear, and some other extras). Price was nuts, but they were willing to negotiate as it had been sitting there. This "special edition" came with all the stuff that's on it, except for those hideous 22" wheels, the super dark tint, and the roof rails. One other thing - the white isn't the Alaska White that came with the 2007s, it was some pearlescent white that looked surprisingly nice. I've seen worse out there, and if you could get the price down it could be interesting. If you're really interested in it, may be worth asking the dealer if whomever traded it in may still have the original wheels.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Honestly. I went to see the car yesterday. I was very close to buying it. Nice dealership. I would have bought it, clearly it was a special truck off of the Special Vehicles line; but it sounded like serpentine belt was done on it (should upload a video i took of the noise).

Aside from a few issues it was a clean truck and whoever bought it has a nice truck good brakes, tight suspension.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't see the listing , but I was looking at a car that sounded similar a few years ago .
Does it have the "center dividers" either side of the wooded columns in light leather ?
Also a white faced clock and the lower half of the center controls in black leather ?

I don't know why they didn't trim the nav screen too , but it looked odd ....

I have pictures somewhere I think .

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honestly. I went to see the car yesterday. I was very close to buying it. Nice dealership. I would have bought it, clearly it was a special truck off of the Special Vehicles line; but it sounded like serpentine belt was done on it (should upload a video i took of the noise).

Aside from a few issues it was a clean truck and whoever bought it has a nice truck good brakes, tight suspension.
See, I think the suspension felt loose compared to my '08 (which has 50k more on it). But I think most of it was the 22's that were on it.

It was a cool car, but overall it was too overdone for my taste. Not understated and elegant like a RR should be IMO.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Might be that the belt is wandering on the idler pulley and the pulley needs to be replaced. It's a common issue.

As for the anniversary edition Rover, I think the factory additions are a nice touch. I don't know if the premium over a similar non-anniversary model this many years out is worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts