Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up last week, noticed the left side of the trunk is slightly higher. Went to the dealer and the service manager advised that attempting to adjust might cause more issues so best to leave alone. Would you insist on them attempting a fix?
Automotive parking light Grille Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
234 Posts
I’d suspect they are just not trained yet on this model and don’t want to break something then have the car out of commission due to part issues — you aren’t far from the LRNA headquarters, have them adjust it 😜. That‘s the challenge of a brand new platform and techs that have never seen or worked on these cars yet.

However, it’s just all based on your confidence level of you dealer. I have <10% my dealer/service would be able to fix it without creating some other issue, but that’s just based on my last few minor services (1st service curbed rim, 2nd service dented interior trim piece, etc).

Two options, wait 6 months so they get more familiar with these cars or just take the risk and have them tweak the hinge trimming screws. I know with the L405, there are some minor adjustments you can make to line it up — powerfuluk has a video — so i suspect it’s similar. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats that’s one beautiful machine ! I would assume there is some adjustment that can be made to get the trim lined up , I like your friend am OCD and that would drive me nuts , good luck and keep us posted on how you make out .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would say hold off for a while then maybe visit the dealer again in 6-8 months.
Last thing you want is for them to mess up the gate then you wouldn’t have a car to drive another few months while you are waiting for the parts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm skeptical they will fix things even when they say it will be no problem. I would not ask them to fix something they themselves doubt they can get right yet.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I would say that a minor adjustment should sort that as the panel gap is slightly more on the RHS vs LHS soa tweak on hindges should do the trick

Good luck and great looking truck

·
Registered
452 Posts
Another option is finding an authorized body shop in your area and see if they have a solution. I would document it immediately with both the dealership - and LRNA - and if you must - write an email to the CEO of LRNA so there is written record.

[email protected]

Name is Joe Eberhardt.

I just wrote to him about the removal of SV colors from orders of non SV cars. I am hoping he can reach out to the Factory or England Corporate and advise them to reverse their decision.

If you don't ask - you certainly won't get.

·
Registered
452 Posts
FYI It appears to not just be your car. I was looking into Belgravia Green on youtube to see if I would be happy with it if I really can't have the British Racing Green. I noticed this on a video uploaded today. My OCD sees the same panel as yours that not only doesn't match side to side but has a big gap too. Theyre not checking this stuff when it leaves the factory - or their pattern drafter did not account for the space.

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
2002 Range Rover 4.6HSE
179 Posts
These are marvelous vehicles but with poor quality. At the price point, totally unacceptable. I'd make the dealer fix this on a Toyota Camry if I bought one new...but then again, the Camry probably wouldn't have this type of quality problem.

Beautiful Range Rover congrats. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m not sure it can be adjusted. The top panel is flush. You bring it down then the top will be out. Looks like the panel itself is not the right dimension.

·
Registered
59 Posts
you know what? if mine comes in that way i will reject it.

our SVR came with a misaligned front door back in 2016. front of the door hit and chipped the back edge of the front fender. LRNA had dealer take it to a local body shop for an adjustment before we took delivery. luckilly it was a simple thing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts