RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Haha. I actually went ahead and agreed to the terms. I pickup the car Monday :) it’s been my dream car for two decades. Just really hoping I don’t get burned with reliability issues. Good news is the dealership is 2 minutes from my house. If I love it I’ll prob be part of the Range Rover family for life.
Congrats on the new RRS! For what it's worth, my ~40k mile 2017 RRS SCV8 has been trouble-free for me and I'm not easy on it. I take it off-roading, through water-crossings, to the mountains and back, and drive it daily and it's been great. Only service I've taken it in for have been regular maintenance, tire rotations, and a few software updates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So what app do I use for this car? Theres like 10 in the App Store, all of which have horrible reviews. Does the app system not play well with car?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Land Rover Remote is the only app I use. It let's you check on the status of the vehicle, location, lock/unlock it, remote start for climate control, etc.

All the other ones are...not good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Land Rover Remote is the only app I use. It let's you check on the status of the vehicle, location, lock/unlock it, remote start for climate control, etc.

All the other ones are...not good.
Does it work pretty well? Reviews are horrible lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's not the best, but it gets the job done. My remote start randomly stopped working for a few months, but works again now. Remote lock/unlock and status setting works though.
Whats the usual delay? Like from when you push the start button to when the car actually starts?

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
1 minute

Unless it’s in a poor cellular area in which it’s whenever it feels like it.

I don’t like it. Not a good system.

X3M Comp 3 presses on the lock key will start the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
1 minute

Unless it’s in a poor cellular area in which it’s whenever it feels like it.

I don’t like it. Not a good system.

X3M Comp 3 presses on the lock key will start the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yea 1 minute is a long ass time lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats! That sounds like an excellent deal for a sport. You’re right at the “holy grail”’1% a month payment loved by leasehackrs.

What was the residual again?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Great. The dealer must have given you more than 1k off sticker since the depreciation alone on 86k - (87*.57) is about 1k/month. Great deal.
Oh no it’s not THAT good of a deal haha. I’m trading in a 15k car. So the cap cost reduction is helping a lot. It’s about a 2% interest rate

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh no it’s not THAT good of a deal haha. I’m trading in a 15k car. So the cap cost reduction is helping a lot. It’s about a 2% interest rate
Ha- makes sense now. You might want to ask the dealer for a check instead of applying it directly to the lease. Either way, enjoy your HST! Look forward to reading your posts here about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just got this email. Anyone have experience with these? Im leaning towards just getting the wheel and tire package

My name is** and I am the Business Manager here at Land Rover . I wanted to quickly introduce myself because I will be the person who will be getting your paperwork in order for your delivery of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Sport. The other reason for my email is to go over the great optional benefits that we offer all of our Range Rover Sport customers, especially the ones that are the most beneficial to help protect you and your Land Rover Range Rover Sport. We can discuss all the options that are available, but I will quickly touch on the ones that most of our Range Rover Sport customers like to have to protect themselves and the vehicle.

First, is our Wheel and Tire Coverage plus Dent Protection (Plus 6 Upgrade) for 3 years or unlimited miles. The Wheel and Tires Protection is the event you have to replace a tire due to a Road Hazard (nail in the tires, hit a Pot Hole, etc.) it covers the cost of replacing your tires. If you hit something hard enough, not only does it replace your tires by also covers your wheels that are damage (bent wheel or crack) when it cannot hold air. We offer our customers the benefit of Unlimited Paint-Less Dent Repairs or the Next 3 years (unlimited miles), when you get a door ding, dent or crease that is the size of a credit card or smaller you can have the Paint-Less Dents removed and has an unlimited claims coverage, plus they will cover Cosmetic Alloy Wheel repairs (chips and scratches from curbs, etc.). This option helps keeping your vehicle looking great and will help hold the resale value. Then also on Top of that they will cover the cost of two lost Keys and Windshield coverage! ($1392)

Second, is our Appearance Protection. This is by far our best Product that our customers want on their vehicle. This is a Paint Protection for your vehicle which will protect it from the Environment such has Hard Water, Acid Rain, Bird Droppings that damage the paint on the vehicle. This also gives it that new car shine to your Range Rover Sport , plus we apply it to the wheels for the Brake Dust. So when you wash the vehicle, the Brake Dust will also wash away now. We then put an oil on the Leather Interior to protect it from Fading, Cracking and Stains on the all beautiful Leather Seats for the vehicle. In addition we then apply it to the carpet to protect the carpet from can stains (coffee, soda, juices, etc.). This Appearance Protection keeps your vehicle looking new and make the Paint Last Longer with a 5 year warranty. ($685)

Also something new, Land Rover offers the Prepaid Scheduled Maintenance Plan, this plan is provided by Land Rover North America, LLC so that your Land Rover continues to run at peak performance. This Plan will be for 3 years and will cover replacement of Engine Oil & Filter (3), replacement of the Pollen Filter (3), replacement of Brake Fluid (1), replacement of Front Brake Pads & Front Rotors (1), Front Brake Wear Sensor(1), Rear Brake Pads & Rear Rotors (1), Rear Brake Wear Sensor (1), and Wiper Blades (3) for your Range Rover. This helps lock in today’s cost of the prepaid scheduled maintenance services that is required for your vehicle for $4,100.00 (or you can just do the Oil & Filter without the Brake Pads and Rotors for $1,450.00)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us here at the Dealership. Just let us know what you would like to do and we will have all the paperwork ready to go for the delivery.

Thank You for your Business!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I did get 22" black rims on this thing. They're likely the most expensive wheels you can get from any Land Rover model. Might just do the wheels. Wonder if I can talk them down?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmm- The cost of that wheel/tire protection could probably pay for 2 new wheels + tires so might not be worth it. Appearnce protection sounds like classic dealer bs. If you want paint protection film find somenoe who specializes it in and get it installed by them. Prepaid maintenance might be worth it- talk to your service advisor and see if you can find out how much they charge out of pocket. For just oil+filter, $1450 sounds steep. Worst case i've read is dealers charging $500 for that. Even if your dealer does, worst case, it would end up being the same price as what they're charging for the pre-paid. Given that LR doesnt let you residualize the cost of prepaid maintenance in the lease (like Audi does), its prboably not worth doing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hmm- The cost of that wheel/tire protection could probably pay for 2 new wheels + tires so might not be worth it. Appearnce protection sounds like classic dealer bs. If you want paint protection film find somenoe who specializes it in and get it installed by them. Prepaid maintenance might be worth it- talk to your service advisor and see if you can find out how much they charge out of pocket. For just oil+filter, $1450 sounds steep. Worst case i've read is dealers charging $500 for that. Even if your dealer does, worst case, it would end up being the same price as what they're charging for the pre-paid. Given that LR doesnt let you residualize the cost of prepaid maintenance in the lease (like Audi does), its prboably not worth doing.
Thanks Rich great points. I got the dealer to agree to go down to $1100 for the wheel tire and paint protection. I think those HST 22" rims are almost a grand each, and the tire are around $800. So the fact that might wife might drive this thing on occasion pushed me into considering it strongly. The maintenance I agree is silly. As far as paint protection, Ive got a bottle of black diamond ceramic coating ready to apply to this thing the day I get it :)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts