RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that the news is out that 5th generation is starting in 2021, should I wait for it or go ahead with the current p400e? I'll likely get the plug-in hybrid again, so not sure if there will be a lot of changes. Thanks for the inputs.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Look below there is no news on any 2022 model not any prototypes nothing. UK sees it first usually.

my dealer said the same thing and the rr usually follows a 10 year cycle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F10m5, so we're not even talking 2021 for 5th generation. I can wait a year but not 3 years.

I test drove the RR in 2017, then a google search and saw about plugin hybrid coming out next year, I waited until 2018, then 2019, then 2020 to be able to place a deposit on p400e.

·
Registered
207 Posts
F10m5, so we're not even talking 2021 for 5th generation. I can wait a year but not 3 years.

I test drove the RR in 2017, then a google search and saw about plugin hybrid coming out next year, I waited until 2018, then 2019, then 2020 to be able to place a deposit on p400e.
I would say based on history and what we know that’s a safe bet.

Keep in mind overseas typically sees the new model year first. L322 came out in 02 over there the l405 in 2012 and I see the 5G coming out in 2022. A year later the US sees the model which would make it a 2023.

I was at the dealer again today and spoke to a couple of people and all said JLR focus is on the defender. Not a hint of a new model anytime soon.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The outside changes aren’t going to be significant even when it does come out. The lights and back will be more like the new style they are going for (check out the new Evoque and velar).

I’m in a brand new Evoque loaner right now and had a first gen evoque. From the outside the cars look identical it looks like a facelift. Inside is much different obviously but just a facelift.

im not a fan of the lights in the back with that strip thing makes it look weird

·
Registered
73 Posts
Earliest we will see new fullsize in US is 2022. New plug-in is supposed to have dual motors, which may be an additional offering (P500e) or replacing the P400e. Lease now 24-33 mos and replace a year after release. God bless the early adopters.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Now that the news is out that 5th generation is starting in 2021, should I wait for it or go ahead with the current p400e? I'll likely get the plug-in hybrid again, so not sure if there will be a lot of changes. Thanks for the inputs.
lol.....love to know where you are getting this "news"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts