RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure this has happened to anyone else, but had my car hand washed this past weekend and the person drying the car either pushed the camera in or noticed it and pointed it out. Camera basically pushed all the way into the bumper - as if there was no adhesive or bracket holding it in place. They have to remove the front end to get to it. Goes into the dealer tomorrow. May ask for 18D update at the same time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The actual camera. When I look through it - I can see the hole it was pushed through. Dealer says happens all the time to back rear camera when people press on it thinking it opens the trunk (ha!) - but that one is easier to replace.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,429 Posts
Bummer the whole bumper has to come off. Is it a warranty issue or is it worth it to make a comprehensive insurance claim?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume warranty - but I suppose I will ask when I bring the car in today. I think there is good argument that you should not be able to push the camera into the housing with your finger.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just confirming the work was done through the warranty. The camera had become detached from the bracket.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This happened on my 2018 RR. I went to a car wash and then it was broken. I had it fixed under warranty. They said the camera was bent out of place and facing wrong direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts