RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that the UK SVR orders are taking precedence over US orders. My original delivery date has passed and a gross estimate (that they would not stand behind) is mid October. Here we go again.

Anyone else hear similar?

·
Registered
70 Posts
My US '19 SVR build date was 8/12/18. Last week the dealer said the car was built and is planned to be shipped this coming week - meeting the expected delivery date to the dealer of 9/28/18. However, I am going on what the dealer verbally told me, so who knows. Hope there are no delays.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
SVR may be the ultimate RR, but that department has had issues for ages. It was rushed into being the replacement for the old "Special Vehicles" department that would build 10, 25 or even 50 of a model with higher compression engines and tweeks to tuning, piles of obscure options and full custom builds. SV faded out midway through L322 production.

The SVR department has been overzealous in volume numbers and capabilities and their paint supplier issues last year pretty much sealed the casket on SVR upcharges for unique paints across models. Then you add to the mix dealers that don't have SVR allocations that accept an order or over sell their SVR allocation(s) and then have to start making excuses, lame schedule changes and feign lack of knowledge from JLR.

We can only hope that UK orders taking priority is a rumour by one of these dealers above. However, any production and on boat date that is passed means there is a bigger picture not being revealed in the back ground. If any SVR person can not be provided A VIN once their build date has passed... they probably shouldn't hold their breath.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
127 Posts
We just purchased a 2018 SVR from our local dealer's inventory this past Tue. They had also just received a white 2019 SVR that one of their customers had ordered, so the 2019 SVRs are arriving into the US.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
That’s interesting and frustrating at the same time. I placed my order over the phone as soon as the window opened. Hopefully my SVO paint didn’t have something to do with it.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
34 Posts
The SVO paint will most certainly delay your delivery date. I went through the same process but for me it was definitely worth the extra wait. The waiting can be tough but you're going to love it!
SVO paint (Ethereal) was no problem for my 2019 RR. Order placed at end of May and delivered to the dealer 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
86 Posts
SVO paint (Ethereal) was no problem for my 2019 RR. Order placed at end of May and delivered to the dealer 3 weeks ago.
Well you got lucky. The SVO painting capacity is less than the standard painting and there is often a bottleneck and longer wait. Confirmed by numerous posts on this forum and UK ones. And my salesperson.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've got a 19 SVO paint coming as well, granted I'm in no hurry, picked up the last 18 SVR they had just in case it took a half a year for me to get the 19 haha.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dealer now says late October.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
So your carved pumpkin will turn into an incredible SVR for Halloween? ;)

Geez that was baaad!

·
Registered
9 Posts
According to an updated build sheet I got this week, my 2019 SVR (regular paint - Firenze Red) should be here (Massachusetts) by end of this month when the original build sheet was handover at the end of next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
My order went from a 6 month wait to 9 months. :crybaby2:Oh well. Guess I'll forget about it for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For me,

Order Date - 5/22; Build Date - 8/16; Delivery Date - 9/28; Accepted Handover - 9/21; Planned Handover - 10/3.
As of today, my car now shows up on the JLR website (and local dealer website, Albany, NY) when searching new vehicles.
I have no idea how to resolve the dates above and which date truly reflects the date I will have it, but encouraged nonetheless.

Our situation looks fairly similar. Perhaps we got lucky.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a build date of 8/17/18. Actual build was a few days after that. I have a VIN and it has been confirmed built, but for some reason the truck has not been put on the boat. Original delivery date is 9/28/18 with a 10/3 handover. Waiting for an update from dealer this week. Paint is Corris (so not a SVO color).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is Estoril and thus non-SVO as well. I haven't verified anything with my dealer. Now I feel as though I should. Out of curiosity, it was your dealer who told you it's not on the boat? I too have a Vin and so, while there may be a delay, shouldn't be 3 mos as others are noting. I will try to reach out to my dealer for clarification.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the dealer confirm the build date and provide me the VIN. I also asked him to provide me the name of the boat it was on and that's when I learned it had not been loaded yet. I wanted to track the boat to get a better sense of when it could arrive (knowing it could still possibly sit at port for a while). I was told the trip overseas is about 7-10 days, so hitting the originally provided dates is still possible.

Given our dates are close to identical, I would think they would be on the same boat going into Baltimore. When I get more info - I'll post an update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My sales rep just sent a pic of mine on the truck at the dealership for delivery today. Hopefully, things move as quickly for you.

·
Banned
305 Posts
just heard the MY 2020 will have a new map software compatible with google maps beyond 2020. cars produced before then will no longer have google maps updates support. also heard more power- 600 hp. and integrated toll transponder into rearview mirror. and a wireless charger port.

·
Registered
70 Posts
An update. My date for delivery to the dealership was suppose to be today. Last week I was notified the new date is 10/31/18. The dealer indicated the following this morning when I pressed him on why:The UK have replied back that there is a bonnet supply issue at the moment [for the 1807 order call]. The ETA that is showing in Vista looks to be accurate [10/31/18 being the new date].

Hopefully this provides some insight to other waiting or told their's is delayed too.

Does anyone know if JLR provides concessions when they miss a delivery date?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts